Sign in to follow this  
KennethLee

Thanks Wizcrafts!

Hello! Long time leather worker here, ...moderate skills, anyway im new to the forum, saying hello to you folks!  Been doing leather working most of my life, ive made about 200+ pieces in my life, but im trying to get a lot more serious, i have a SINGER 29-4, and im about to order a COBRA class 26

Ive made a lot of pants, kilts, and tons and TONS of bags of ALL kinds, oh my gawd ive made a lot of bags! .

WANTED TO SAY THANKS TO WIZCRAFTS  for greatly helping me make my $$$$$ choice on my NEW TO COME machine im buying next week, that being the COBRA CLASS 26,  90% of all i do is two layers of 6 ounce or less.

I couldnt get ahold of LEATHER MACHINE, then the girl there said theyre shut down cause some guy working there tested positive for the Covid-cooties.

heres my ancient 29-4.

screenshot_3538.jpg

Edited by Wizcrafts
Corrected spelling of Wizcrafts!

16 hours ago, KennethLee said:

I couldnt get ahold of LEATHER MACHINE, then the girl there said theyre shut down cause some guy working there tested positive for the Covid-cooties.

You can buy a Model 26 from Springfield Leather. They have them in stock.

10 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

You can buy a Model 26 from Springfield Leather. They have them in stock.

i actually called them 2 days ago......., they DONT have em in stock :)

7 hours ago, KennethLee said:

i actually called them 2 days ago......., they DONT have em in stock :)

Oops! Sorry 'bout that, Chief!

You can hopefully get a similar machine from Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines. It is called the CB341. They also have a new to them CB1341 (Juki 1341 clone) that may be a step up. Our member, @CowboyBobis the owner.

On 12/7/2020 at 10:44 AM, Wizcrafts said:

Oops! Sorry 'bout that, Chief!

You can hopefully get a similar machine from Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines. It is called the CB341. They also have a new to them CB1341 (Juki 1341 clone) that may be a step up. Our member, @CowboyBobis the owner.

i hear those are nowhere near as good as a Class 26 from leather machine.........>BUUUT i cant get a leather machine at ALL now cause their facility is shut down....     im bummed out.

4 hours ago, KennethLee said:

i hear those are nowhere near as good as a Class 26 from leather machine.........>BUUUT i cant get a leather machine at ALL now cause their facility is shut down....     im bummed out.

I spoke to Bob Kovar yesterday about something else and asked him about the CB341 vs the Cobra 26. He said it has the same specs as the Cobra 26 and they are in stock. You could drive there on a good day, with cheap gas, and try it out. Then you'd know if it is any good.