chrisash

Fitting Needle positioner to singer 111G155

My Jack servo kit came with a needle positioner , but i cannot see how to fit it to hold it steady, has anyone fitted a NP to a Singer 111 model and if so any photo's would help

Prefer not to drill holes in the machine

Synchronizer should mount over stud on end of balance wheel.  then tighten 2 set screws.  send pics!

glenn

Hi Glen, yes i realise that part, but its more the fixing of the metal bar that holds the NP in a set position on the machine, not the actual attachment to the screw in the center of the hand-wheel

If you fix it to the table you need to unfix it to swing the machine over to get to the underneath

If you fix it to the machine there is no convenient position , on other newer machines it seems they have made a screw position that you can use

I've fitted several needle positioners(inc. a juki 563), mostly I've drilled a hole in the side of the machine and tapped a thread in the hole.Its probably possible to do it another way but you would have to get creative with some bracketry.

You have to make something up like an "L" bracket. The positioner has to be in a fixed position to work. My Durkopp 239 is similar and I had to do it again after fitting a larger pulley in place of the handwheel.

You should have an "L" shaped rod  that slots in the groove of the positioner. use it If you can. here's a couple unclear shots I've just taken. First is Durkopp second is Adler 69 both with larger pulleys.

IMG_20201206_190823.jpg

IMG_20201206_190747.jpg

Edited by toxo

Many thanks, it looks like i need to make something in fusion 360 and use the 3D printer on this one

I know it would be best to use epoxy on bare metal but on the off chance would it be likely to stick firm onto the painted surface if lightly scratched with emery first, thinking of that epoxy that comes in a sound holder where you break of a bit and mold  together for a few min prior to use (forget the name)

This how I have the NPS on one of my machines mounted. Just a simple "L" bracket screwed to the table below the sensor. I should stiffen the bracket with a cross brace but it works just fine the way it is. When you tilt your machine head back the sensor lifts out of the tab on the end of the bracket. When you put the machine back in place, be sure to have tab inserted in the slot on your sensor. Very simple and it works perfect for me.

nps-mount1.jpg

nps-mount2.jpg

I used a bracket screwed to the table, I had to loosen a screw to tilt back but it was no big deal.

I had one fitted to a 111W154 that I just let dangle from the hand wheel and never had any trouble with. Just removed it when I added a box style speed reducer.

Many thanks guys, that all seems far simpler than i imagined