Somiskid

NEED A GOOD SOURCE FOR CLICKER DIES

Texas dies 

Ive been using International Die in Georgia for years. They have always had a high standard for quality.

Agree with Intl. Die in Georgia

https://milwaukeesrd.com/

From my experience, these guys make the most accurate dies. And have the best customer service.

Bob I have bought several sets from them lately and they are great and very reasonable. 

On 12/15/2020 at 9:46 PM, BaroqueLeatherGal said:

Ive been using International Die in Georgia for years. They have always had a high standard for quality.

I’m trying to give them every chance to get their shit in one bag, out of four orders they got one right, three of those orders were completely wrong, I have made multiple calls and no return call as of yet! 
Do not get dies from International Die, they are in Clarksville GA.

Edited by Doc Reaper

TEXAS CUSTOM DIES.

On 12/15/2020 at 9:46 PM, BaroqueLeatherGal said:

Nearly all of my dies are from International. Great prices and quick service.  Quality is generally quite good.  

If you have a die that needs to be very precise though, go to Weaver or Texas.   Weaver probably makes the most precise dies I've seen, but are usually priced 3x International Die.

International makes good dies, but sometimes can be out of spec.  Once they made one for me and refused to fix it as they said 1/8" out of spec was within their standards.   I sent it to Weaver and they fixed it.  I laughed a little when Weaver Refused to repaint it.  Said no way they were putting their paint on an International Die :)

International also sometimes does not make the slots they weld into the dies properly.  I have 3 dies with pairs of slots in them and the openings on top are smaller than the cutting end.  I have to drive the punchouts out from the top with a screwdriver after every cut.  Sucks,  but...well, that's 3 dies out of many.    

Yes I'll order many a more die from International.  I am just letting you know what to occasionally expect.  If you order 10 dies from international and 2 are out of spec, you still come out ahead because of the great price and quick turn around.

Edited by Cumberland Highpower

On 11/24/2021 at 1:33 PM, Doc Reaper said:

I’m trying to give them every chance to get their shit in one bag, out of four orders they got one right, three of those orders were completely wrong, I have made multiple calls and no return call as of yet! 
Do not get dies from International Die, they are in Clarksville GA.

That was my experience with them as well. I wouldn't go back to them and chose to go to Texas instead.

Hello my name is Jim. I live in Austin, Tx. I’ve know a guy for 3 years who lives in Leon, MX, he’s in the die making business. He makes the highest quality dies I’ve used. He can make any type of die you require. I went to Leon 3 years ago specifically to meet him. There is no die maker I know of who can beat his prices. His name is Jose Moctezuma. His phone number is +52 477 666 5414. To communicate with him I use google translator and I text him. If you have any questions you can contact me at jimb.xyber@gmail.com. When I started using him I sent him a couple of jobs at first to ensure his quality and that I wouldn’t lose my money. 

On 12/15/2020 at 8:46 PM, BaroqueLeatherGal said:

intl_logo.jpg

Just for the record, I have ordered a number of times from Sandy and friends at Int'l Die (GA).  No issues - - ever.  Always just what I asked for at a price I couldn't argue with.  Everything from ranger die billets to holsters with NO straight lines anywhere - always well made.

Edited by JLSleather

International Georgia does not respond back slow to ship still waiting on order to ship !Just my experience. 

On 12/7/2020 at 4:37 PM, Somiskid said:

Howdy ya'll! I have my clicker press on its way! I need a good source for clicker dies. what do you guys recommend?? 

Texas Custom Dies @ the top of this page really good dies. 

On 12/7/2021 at 9:28 AM, JBH said:

International Georgia does not respond back slow to ship still waiting on order to ship !Just my experience. 

Have you tried them lately? How long did it take to get them???

On 12/2/2021 at 7:15 PM, JLSleather said:

intl_logo.jpg

Just for the record, I have ordered a number of times from Sandy and friends at Int'l Die (GA).  No issues - - ever.  Always just what I asked for at a price I couldn't argue with.  Everything from ranger die billets to holsters with NO straight lines anywhere - always well made.

Have you tried ‘‘em in the last 3 months? I’m having a hell of a time, I don’t see how they stay open

On 11/25/2021 at 10:12 AM, Cumberland Highpower said:

Nearly all of my dies are from International. Great prices and quick service.  Quality is generally quite good.  

If you have a die that needs to be very precise though, go to Weaver or Texas.   Weaver probably makes the most precise dies I've seen, but are usually priced 3x International Die.

International makes good dies, but sometimes can be out of spec.  Once they made one for me and refused to fix it as they said 1/8" out of spec was within their standards.   I sent it to Weaver and they fixed it.  I laughed a little when Weaver Refused to repaint it.  Said no way they were putting their paint on an International Die :)

International also sometimes does not make the slots they weld into the dies properly.  I have 3 dies with pairs of slots in them and the openings on top are smaller than the cutting end.  I have to drive the punchouts out from the top with a screwdriver after every cut.  Sucks,  but...well, that's 3 dies out of many.    

Yes I'll order many a more die from International.  I am just letting you know what to occasionally expect.  If you order 10 dies from international and 2 are out of spec, you still come out ahead because of the great price and quick turn around.

I ordered 4 different die’s, they got one correct! The first two were completely wrong - she saw my 2nd order was not sent - the third order was for 2 units but it was also screwed up. Excuses don’t mean a thing if ya aren’t upfront with folks from the beginning. If you don’t have the material do not take the money until it’s in hand

5 minutes ago, Doc Reaper said:

Once they made one for me and refused to fix it as they said 1/8" out of spec was within their standards.

Really!!!!!!!!! They must be awful cheap if that's the case. Even my first cut knives that don't matter much could not out by that much. If I get a knife out by 1mm (less than 1/16") I would be moving on to another knife maker. I would happily pay twice the price because at the end of the day every piece you cut is going to be a reflection of your work.

On 12/8/2021 at 8:57 PM, RockyAussie said:

Really!!!!!!!!! They must be awful cheap if that's the case. Even my first cut knives that don't matter much could not out by that much. If I get a knife out by 1mm (less than 1/16") I would be moving on to another knife maker. I would happily pay twice the price because at the end of the day every piece you cut is going to be a reflection of your work.

yeah that was about my only real bad experience with them....To elaborate they ran on about how 1/8" was within the acceptable limits of a steel rule die and so on, etc.  

I think I paid around $100 for that particular die.  About 4x5" with 2 large 2" slot tubes welded in.   Weaver's repair (A cut, clamped in a vise pinch back shut and welded back closed)  I think was around $75. Most dies I buy from them are less than $100 and I've bought maybe 140 or so dies from them over a few years, so a couple problem dies weren't so big a deal.  Sounds like I may be luckier than most with dies, or perhaps I just know what shops to send what patterns to.   

I am also EXTREMELY careful with my patterns.  Using hard card stock and extreme care in laying out and trimming curves, etc. Anything that has to match or mate up especially I take great care with and make notes pointing that fact out on the patterns..   I certainly don't want tolerances to stack up....I think that may be the crux of many that deal with International?

There was a die maker there named Denny that was capable of making some excellent dies if you communicated to him exactly what you wanted.  I don't know if he still works there or not?

I am talking full height steel rule die stock here.  Are you using full height dies or 3/4"?

Edited by Cumberland Highpower

3 hours ago, Cumberland Highpower said:

am talking full height steel rule die stock here.  Are you using full height dies or 3/4"?

There are a vast variety of heights and thicknesses available depending on what your needs are. The majority I get done are 19mm (3/4") by 2.5mm thick. They cost less than the 32mm 1+1/4"  knives and I find that they don't get bent out of shape so easily as the taller ones. Sometimes I have to use the taller ones where there is a lot of thickness to get over but thankfully that is rare. Another reason I like the 19mm ones is they fit in the draws I made that you can see next to the clicker presses. One good thing of late is that a lot of the parts can be cut out on my laser and only if the product get to repetitious do I get the knives made. One good thing about the laser there is NO error in the cutting size at all.

DSC08036_resize.JPGDSC08043_resize.JPG

This the little diode laser I built which has cut my knife making costs by at least 1/2

DSC04499_resize.JPG

This is an example of how the laser can do cutting accurately and better than what most knife /die makers could dream of making.

DSC01275_resize.JPGDSC01277_resize.JPG

DSC01330_resize.JPG

Sandy finally came thru, after 10 weeks, the first order was made was 3/4 (as was the 2nd, 3rd, and possibly the 4th). She finally told me that she had run out of 3/4, after 9 weeks and then she decided to use 1-1/4 inch after seeing how screwed up my orders were. 
After seeing the difference between the two sizes I told Sandy that for the extra few dollars she should of steered me towards the 1-1/4 size, this was on Tuesday Dec 14, now I can return the incorrect items that were sent in the beginning.

I have never used wallet dies, it’s always been by hand because I was understanding that dies were out of my reach financially. Now I see a wallet set can be had within my means, it will help me speed up the process a bit. Knowing that hand cutting will never be fully retired, the dies will help the over used hand tendons get a break from gripping a blade.

I have used Texas Dies and they have always been great. Have only heard good things from Weaver also.