EllaNis

PFAFF 1245: The line of stitches

Hello all,

Could anybody clarify to me if the stitches are correct on this PFAFF 1245, please?

It is the first time for me when I use  an industrial machine, I bought it second hand, imported from Germany. I have no experience with this very powerful and high speed sewing machine, but I am determined to learn to use it :). Here are some pictures with the machine and the stitches. In my opinion, they are not right. I would like to have the straight stitches.  Can you please advise me what to adjust, if this is needed?

The second concern of mine is the speed, omg, it flies!! :) Related to the speed reduction, I read some posts in this great forum that there are also servo motors that could reduce the speed. Is there any other simpler solution, beside "feathering" the clutch pedal (as I read in one post) and replacing the motor, to slow it down?

Thank you in advance!

Back stitch.jpg

Top stitch2.jpg

It looks like you have a LR needle in it.  The LR needles cut the hole on an angle to cause the zig zag look.   Change the needle to a dia point and you should get straight stitches.

I made a custom table to test all sewing heads and got the table and motor from Weaver Leather. A servo motor will do you good on speed control. Needles and presser feet should give you varied stitches. Try changing those out. I tell customers to change the feed dogs, throat plate, and presser feet after 200 hours of operation.

Thank you very much, Sonydaze!

I started to search and I get now the idea about needles and threads. 

how many RPM makes the motor - 1400 or 2800 I guess. If 2800 thats super fast and I would not even try to modify the motor. I´d buy a servo motor and if you want it even more comfortable I´d add a speed reducer as well.

Reg. stitches - I´d try an S-Point needle

Check the attached file. It gives you an idea of seam appearances when using different needle points.

Point_styles_for_leather_processing.pdf

Edited by Constabulary

I agree the type of needle makes a difference how the stitches look.

Also make sure the needle is inserted correctly.  The eye of the needle should be oriented true left-to-right (not diagonally).  

Good luck with it!