Carverdw

Source For Leather Strap Cutter

In a recent online search, I recently saw a leather strap cutter that can use a verity if blades including craft knife blades, and box cutter blades. The handle on the cutter was beige or tan and shaped like an old style gun. When I went back online to order one, I could not find it again. Does anyone know the source of this cutter that takes a number of blades? Thanks.

Have you looked through the history in the browser that you are using?  Sometimes takes a while to go through your history, but as long as you haven't deleted it, or set the limit really low, you should be able to find it.

Just to be clear, those two links are for draw gauges. Plough gauges are pushed, not pulled. And I think you can do a lot better on price than what they're asking for that Osborne draw gauge.

Regards,

Arturo

19 minutes ago, Arturomex said:

Just to be clear, those two links are for draw gauges. Plough gauges are pushed, not pulled. And I think you can do a lot better on price than what they're asking for that Osborne draw gauge.

Regards,

Arturo

yea tandy makes a wooden one that works just fine for about 30 bucks

i made some 1/4'' raw hide strips with a straight edge.  i need to stop being cheap and buy one of those fancy cutting things 

47 minutes ago, Frodo said:

i made some 1/4'' raw hide strips with a straight edge.  i need to stop being cheap and buy one of those fancy cutting things 

yea they work great i made the switch its much easier takes just seconds now to cut a strap.

I know I have expressed very little love for Tandy in the past but one of the few things they have that is really effective is the strap cutter @chuck123wapati mentioned. They are hard to mess up and they work really well. Once you use one you'll not want to use a straight edge again. The Tandy one is fine but Romanov Tools's offering looks amazing but I haven't used one, just internet window shopped them.