threadfish

Singer 133k - Need some parts and answers

Leather craft forum

Hi everyone,

long time reader, first time poster. I’m restoring a singer 133k13 and I am looking for some parts, particularly the tensioning assemblies and the face plate for the machine. I’ve got the part numbers from the manual but that’s about it. 

I have a few questions for those of you that know these machine better than myself.

1. Is there a model of singer such as the 132k6 that shares the same shaped faceplate or any other components for that matter?

2. Does anyone on this forum have a goldmine of singer parts for this machine or know someone that might, I’m based in Australia and like this one without knocking on farmhouse doors I’m not sure where to look.

The 133K13 is a darning machine and not a sewing machine meaning it has no feed dog and most likely other components are lacking too. I guess the entire feed dog frame and feed drive mechanism is lacking on darning machines.

To be honest if you don´t want to use it as a darning machine better take it apart, sell the parts an look for a better option.

If you still want to give it a try I´d check with LW member SINGERMANIA - he is from QLD and is dealing with all sorts of vintage heavy leather machinery. But I have not seen him here for 1.5 years or so.

My 2 cents.

Edited by Constabulary

Thanks for the reply constabulary, yep it is a darning machine, I’m more so restoring it for the fun of it. I’ll see if I can make contact. Thanks again

25 minutes ago, Constabulary said:

@ConstabularySteve passed away earlier this week.

28 minutes ago, CowboyBob said:

That is indeed sad news.

42 minutes ago, CowboyBob said:

I did not know that - I´m really sorry to hear that! Do you know more about the circumstances?

Rest In Peace, Steve!

22 minutes ago, Constabulary said:

I did not know that - I´m really sorry to hear that! Do you know more about the circumstances?

Rest In Peace, Steve!

Yes,he's been fighting cancer & sold his business last year,the new people don't know machines like he did though from what I've heard. You can give condolences on his FB page https://www.facebook.com/stephen.bonnett.39/posts/1851831321621762

Edited by CowboyBob

Steve at Singermania in Australia passed away in 2020??

glenn