Sign in to follow this  
Frodo

wood cigar boxes

Do we have any members that make cigar box guitars?  

I stumbled upon a case of wooden cigar boxes.  These are very nice boxes,  and the wood would make a beautiful sound

if interested PM me

20201215_034046.jpg

1 hour ago, Frodo said:

Do we have any members that make cigar box guitars?  

I stumbled upon a case of wooden cigar boxes.  These are very nice boxes,  and the wood would make a beautiful sound

if interested PM me

20201215_034046.jpg

wow cool find indeed and many uses. I would try to make one but i can only play one song with two chords lol. 

The only stringed instrument I could ever really manage was that 88 string guitar.   Just can't get my fingers to move right on any others and arthritis has only made that worse.  

I have a neighbor that is a "found items" artist and has managed to find a LOT of cigar boxes, and gave me few.  I gave them a light sanding inside to bring up that lovely aroma of Spanish Cedar, and covered them with leather to give as gift boxes, jewelry boxes, or valet boxes.  Most were covered with lightweight chrome-tan, some with a little fancy stitching at the corners, and I tried a couple with come carved veg-tan.    They're a relatively simple and quick project that makes a really nice gift.

- Bill

Do you still have the boxes?