MtlBiker

Techsew 2750 Stitch Length Accuracy?

I'd love to hear from other 2750 owners about how accurate their stitch length settings are.  Maybe in my inexperience, I'm just being too picky...

Overall I really love my new Techsew 2750 PRO... With the optional speed reducer I can sew slower than one stitch per second for full control, the laser guide is great, and I particularly like the needle positioning (NP) motor.  I've got it set to always stop with the needle in the material so turning sharp corners is really neat and easy.  But I'm a bit bummed out by the stitch length accuracy or lack of it.

With the help of their email tech support, I got it so that the "4" position is as close to 4mm as possible (it actually gives 4.5mm).  But setting the dial to "1" gives me a 3mm stitch.  The max setting of "9.5" gives me only a 8mm stitch length.  Are my expectations of accuracy on this too high?  The only machine I can compare with is my Consew 206RB-5, which as near as I can measure (with a digital caliper) is bang on.  Even up to the 10 setting with 10mm stitches.  Are my expectations too high?  The only time I think this might matter is when/if I need to match a stitch length on something.  Otherwise who cares if it's 8 or 10mm, etc.?

Is this what other 2750 owners are experiencing?  Should I just live with this or should I bring it back to Techsew after the holidays (and the upcoming forced business closures) to see if they can adjust it better.  Tech support tells me there is no engineer guide or any guide for more in-depth adjustment.

22 hours ago, MtlBiker said:

I'd love to hear from other 2750 owners about how accurate their stitch length settings are.  Maybe in my inexperience, I'm just being too picky...

Overall I really love my new Techsew 2750 PRO... With the optional speed reducer I can sew slower than one stitch per second for full control, the laser guide is great, and I particularly like the needle positioning (NP) motor.  I've got it set to always stop with the needle in the material so turning sharp corners is really neat and easy.  But I'm a bit bummed out by the stitch length accuracy or lack of it.

With the help of their email tech support, I got it so that the "4" position is as close to 4mm as possible (it actually gives 4.5mm).  But setting the dial to "1" gives me a 3mm stitch.  The max setting of "9.5" gives me only a 8mm stitch length.  Are my expectations of accuracy on this too high?  The only machine I can compare with is my Consew 206RB-5, which as near as I can measure (with a digital caliper) is bang on.  Even up to the 10 setting with 10mm stitches.  Are my expectations too high?  The only time I think this might matter is when/if I need to match a stitch length on something.  Otherwise who cares if it's 8 or 10mm, etc.?

Is this what other 2750 owners are experiencing?  Should I just live with this or should I bring it back to Techsew after the holidays (and the upcoming forced business closures) to see if they can adjust it better.  Tech support tells me there is no engineer guide or any guide for more in-depth adjustment.

Hi, we'd be happy to make the adjustments on the machine for you free of charge if you want to bring it by. Let us know!

1 hour ago, Techsew Ron said:

Hi, we'd be happy to make the adjustments on the machine for you free of charge if you want to bring it by. Let us know!

Thanks (again!) Ron,

But it's a lot of trouble for you and for me if I bring the machine back to you.  Can you (or another owner of this model) simply tell me if what I'm seeing is normal and my expectations are too high, or if the machine is out-of-spec and needs to be adjusted.  My only experience and comparison is with my other machine.

Cheers!