DrmCa

Mitsubishi question to the vendors of this forum

Hi, Ladies and Gentlemen:

Hoping that everyone is staying safe and sound in these challenging times!

I have a Mitsubishi that may be DB-130 or similar. In my particular case, it is set up to use DBx1 16x257 needles. I believe that DBx1 is the same standard as in the manual. Correct me if I am wrong.

It stitches perfectly on a broad range of fabrics, and I am happy with this. But there is still a problem!

There are no parts 94/95 on the needle bar. Instead, the needle is held in place by ugly black thing. This black, square collar strikes the foot if the foot is lifted, during bobbin winding.

Does anyone sell the proper part 94/95 and screw 96 for this model?

If you also have part ## 11, 172, 173, I am interested too.

PICT4533.JPG

Screenshot-20201217-1000.png

Edited by DrmCa

I'll bet the needle set screw is blown out, and the 'fixed it' by using instead a needle clamp.  Not a bad way to do things unless parts start hitting into each other like they are.  I would order a new needle bar with a new set screw, and don't forget any needle bar thread guides as well.

I not a subscribing vendor of the site, but your DB bottom feed should look all trim like this Mitsu. DB . that looks really Macgyver'ed-up for sure .
This one, I turned the needle bar 45 deg. to put the set screw in foreword position, from it being on the R-side .
-
Mitsu.DB170.jpg.4d2a952941b29e7a4d13f7f76b4dfb5a.jpg
-

1 hour ago, nylonRigging said:

I not a subscribing vendor of the site, but your DB bottom feed should look all trim like this Mitsu. DB . that looks really Macgyver'ed-up for sure .
This one, I turned the needle bar 45 deg. to put the set screw in foreword position, from it being on the R-side .
-
Mitsu.DB170.jpg.4d2a952941b29e7a4d13f7f76b4dfb5a.jpg
-

Maybe a really stupid question from someone who never owned a sewing machine. But how does that work, doesn't those "feed teeth" leave marks on leather?

37 minutes ago, Danne said:

Maybe a really stupid question from someone who never owned a sewing machine. But how does that work, doesn't those "feed teeth" leave marks on leather?

I would not know as this particular machine has never sewn leather, but if It was sewing thin leather I am positive the dogs would leave deep track marks on the underside .
This machine is tuned for heavy nylon with the extra heavy set of feed dogs with raised needle plate and 135x17 needle . It also servo has a extra small pulley wheel and speed control, if needing it can punch real slow RPM .
For these Mitsu DB's and other similar builds, there is a 'fine' tooth dog set that you can get also for delicate items . There are a lot of easy common obtainable parts and these parts like DB mitsu. bottom feeds and there parts cross over to a boatload of other machines under many names.

Also the OP stated that , ..." It stitches perfectly on a broad range of fabrics, and I am happy with this. But there is still a problem! "
He might or might not be using on leather or not ??? . he probably using mostly on synthetics  . But if the OP was using on thin leather and that leather panel was getting a lining to hide the tracks. then would not be a problem. some Bottom feeds can actually lay down some nice stitching when you tune them for a specific need. also they can get into really tight places with using and narrow feet .

Edited by nylonRigging

4 hours ago, nylonRigging said:

I ended up going to the industrial machine shop earlier today and getting exactly the same thread guide and screw as in your picture. Now mine looks just like yours, except that my needle bar is still in its factory position;

In my case, I cannot turn it, as if I did, the bulky material that I saw might rub on the left side of the needle bar and catch the thread. It happened a few times while I did not have the needle guide. Now it stitches 100% reliable. I do not use it for leather, only for fabrics. Leather is the purview of my Pfaff walking foot.

The old one must have come from a different kind of machine that has longer needles.

May I ask? What's up with the green throat plate and feed dog? They look unusual.

Edited by DrmCa

26 minutes ago, DrmCa said:

I ended up going to the industrial machine shop earlier today and getting exactly the same thread guide and screw as in your picture. Now mine looks just like yours, except that my needle bar is still in its factory position;

In my case, I cannot turn it, as if I did, the bulky material that I saw might rub on the left side of the needle bar and catch the thread. It happened a few times while I did not have the needle guide. Now it stitches 100% reliable. I do not use it for leather, only for fabrics. Leather is the purview of my Pfaff walking foot.

The old one must have come from a different kind of machine that has longer needles.

May I ask? What's up with the green throat plate and feed dog? They look unusual.

this one a DB170 .. the green color is just a Teflon coating . The only bitch I have about the old Mitsubishi's are the smaller bobbins .

On 12/19/2020 at 4:36 PM, DrmCa said:

I was going to say but forgot . are you using 135x5 needles ? . I think you can just set-up your machine with 135x17 no problem with raising the needle bar a tad bit to compensate for the little longer needle .

Also ..  ( if you don't already know ? ) . you can also throw a 'roller foot' on that bottom feed of yours with that presser rod and common high-shank split toe foot, and set it up in 20-30 minutes, and they really sew great.
Those roller foot aftermarket kits for your Mitsu. and a Ton of other similar models are mass produced and dirt cheep . Come in small/medium/large rollers . The kits come with all parts dogs/needle plate/flip-up roller foot. all for less than 20-$
-
1341522149_Mitsu.rollerfoot.thumb.jpg.36c41be9e7542dc3ddd626032e7f762e.jpg
-

Using 135-17 since I bought it, and I had to lower the needle bar when I bought it, because the seller used longer needles that I do not have. This machine has history.