Sometimes making a leather project . . . can be tiring if not just plain aggravating.

Got a request some time back for a shoulder holster like Brad Pitt wore in Fury.

Had a time getting the pattern right . . . but finally did.

Finished it yesterday . . . put it together today and put it on . . . dang I like this thing.

But we all have to have something to keep us covid busy.

May God bless,
Dwight

(pictures posted in the gallery)

Edited by Dwight

5 minutes ago, Dwight said:

Sometimes making a leather project . . . can be tiring if not just plain aggravating.

Got a request some time back for a shoulder holster like Brad Pitt wore in Fury.

Had a time getting the pattern right . . . but finally did.

Finished it yesterday . . . put it together today and put it on . . . dang I like this thing.

But we all have to have something to keep us covid busy.

May God bless,
Dwight

(pictures posted in the gallery)

I was looking at that, awesome work indeed. Yea getting that curve right is kinda tricky. When i made mine i was wishing for my moms old sewing dummy, it sure would have made it much easier to get the shape around the shoulder.

Excellent work, Sir...actually looks fairly comfortable, unlike some shoulder rigs...that serpentine stamped belt added just a touch of p'zazz to the rig, too. 

51 minutes ago, Double Daddy said:

Excellent work, Sir...actually looks fairly comfortable, unlike some shoulder rigs...that serpentine stamped belt added just a touch of p'zazz to the rig, too. 

Thanks, Double Daddy . . . and it is comfortable . . . more so than any other one I've ever worn.

I almost didn't do the serpentine . . . there is only one place in the whole movie that I could see that . . . and it was a fluke that I even found it.

Then I pondered if they even used that kind of stamp . . . back in 1944 / 1945 . . . but went with "that was the original" so I did it.

May God bless,

Dwight