AkRat

Needles

Will any of these needles work in my Chandler C-267? I was given these and I can’t find a manual for my machine. Thanks for any help.

A4C23E87-F893-44D3-AFD2-B9EA62995CA8.jpeg

From what I can find your machine needs a 135x16 or x17 needle or a DP17 system.

16,17 is. ball or leather point. 
the needles you have are far to small for you machine. 

You can adjust the needle bar height for a shorter needle but if you go too far the needle shank may strike the material, or the needle bar may strike the raised foot during the bobbin winding. People adjust their needle bars all the time, to save a buck. As long as you can get away with it, and your budget is too tight, who can stop you?

4 hours ago, DrmCa said:

You can adjust the needle bar height for a shorter needle but if you go too far the needle shank may strike the material, or the needle bar may strike the raised foot during the bobbin winding. People adjust their needle bars all the time, to save a buck. As long as you can get away with it, and your budget is too tight, who can stop you?

Simple geometry will stop them. The needles pictured are a mix of round shank commercial 1.6mm, 32 or 36mm long and flat shank household needles. 
The needles listed in the manual for this machine are a 135x17 system this is also a DPx16 and DPx17 needle system. the 135x17 are over 40mm long and 2mm shanked. 
Not going to fit no matter what you do. 

Thanks for the the replies, I should have known since they were free they wouldn’t work. LOL!!

Kcstott, 

Do you have a copy of the manual? I can’t find one anywhere. Thanks 

2 hours ago, AkRat said:

Thanks for the the replies, I should have known since they were free they wouldn’t work. LOL!!

Kcstott, 

Do you have a copy of the manual? I can’t find one anywhere. Thanks 

the only thing available is from juki

http://www.01521.com/ep/JUKI-DNU-241H-6.pdf

Correct needle is System 134-35.  135x17 will work but you have to drop the needle bar ever so slightly.

glenn

Thanks for the help. I will be calling and ordering some needles/thread tomorrow. 

On 12/20/2020 at 6:38 PM, Kcstott said:

Simple geometry will stop them.

Like I said. A shorter needle was not meant to refer to the specific needle that the OP has.

12 hours ago, DrmCa said:

Like I said. A shorter needle was not meant to refer to the specific needle that the OP has.

op asked if any of the needles pictured would work. All you said was a shorter needle would work. Shorter than what? you maid no mention if the needles in question were any good. Try to be a little more specific. 

On 12/22/2020 at 9:13 PM, Kcstott said:

Try to be a little more specific. 

I do not have to. I write what I deem appropriate and necessary, for the benefit of the one who asked the question. And I will keep writing in this fashion, going forward.

2 hours ago, DrmCa said:

I do not have to. I write what I deem appropriate and necessary, for the benefit of the one who asked the question. And I will keep writing in this fashion, going forward.

Being hard headed is no benefit to anyone.