KennethLee

TOTALLY BUMMED OUT!! CANT GET A COBRA Class 26!

I know they cant help it, and theyre shut down (so they tell me) until the ENDDDDD of January......well Ive been saving for a CLASS 26 , and there is NO substitute, ive seen the 'others', and theyre nowhere near as good.

ID PAY A $500 PREMIUM ON TOP OF THE PRICE JUST TO GET THE MACHINE!!!!!!!  

Literally these days i CANT THROW $$$$$$$$ out there and get this machine !!!!

Its got me utterly bummed out.

Adding your $500 premium that may put you in the ball park of a Juki LS-1341. Which you may want to consider.

kgg

The Cobra 26 is a clone of the Juki 341.  US price was about $2.300.00  The Tech Sew 2750 is the same clone of the Juki 341.  However, Tech Sew has just come out with the  4800 which is a clone of the Juki 1341.

Better machine and has the the dial on it to adjust the walk.  Yes, $950.00 more.  I have a genuine Juki 1341.  Better machine than the 341.

glenn

1 hour ago, kgg said:

Adding your $500 premium that may put you in the ball park of a Juki LS-1341. Which you may want to consider.

kgg

ive seen em, and i personally dont think theyre worth it, and they seem inferior in build to the (COPY) Cobra 26, .... all the leather "gods" told me to get the class 26 COBRA

29 minutes ago, shoepatcher said:

The Cobra 26 is a clone of the Juki 341.  US price was about $2.300.00  The Tech Sew 2750 is the same clone of the Juki 341.  However, Tech Sew has just come out with the  4800 which is a clone of the Juki 1341.

Better machine and has the the dial on it to adjust the walk.  Yes, $950.00 more.  I have a genuine Juki 1341.  Better machine than the 341.

glenn

I kjnow its a clone, but all indications are that its made better, AND costs less, but RIGHT NOW, i dont care AT ALL (seriously!) what it costs,..........WHICH MACHINE is TOUGHER THAN HELL?  Last the longest.????

I grew up with normal sewing machines, and i cant stand ANY plastic parts on an industrial machine, that mess burns my butt.

50 minutes ago, jfisher said:

thanks but ive tried everyone on earth, nobody has one, them included

Your looking for reliability among the different makes, it's hard to find that information on a forum where people tend to advertise the brand they brought; and only have limited if any information on other machines

Might be better asking professional sewing machine mechanics, "what make has the fewest problems and easiest spares supply"

Sometimes its hard to see through the marketing to get the true information. and many purchases are made only on price

1 hour ago, Wizcrafts said:

2 minutes ago, chrisash said:

Your looking for reliability among the different makes, it's hard to find that information on a forum where people tend to advertise the brand they brought; and only have limited if any information on other machines

Might be better asking professional sewing machine mechanics, "what make has the fewest problems and easiest spares supply"

Sometimes its hard to see through the marketing to get the true information. and many purchases are made only on price

youtube is littered with broken or half broken TECHSEW machines,   ive built and fixed enough stuff to know lesser quality when i see it.

Its impossible to consider spending a LOT MORE $$$$ for a MUCH less tough machine.

Let me get this straight - don`t they have the machines or do they not ship out the machines?

We have a lock down over here too until January 10th but you can order online and I´m sure any sewing machine dealer here would ship out the machine by freight forwarder.

Postal services and logistics are system relevant. It may work slower atm but I´m sure they all will deliver.

Toledo Sewing Machines is not toooo far way from you as it seems - I´m sure you can find a way to get a machine from them one or the other way.

Google Maps - Lexinghton, KY -> Toledo Sewing Machines

Edited by Constabulary

Maybe they have what you are looking for.

Cobra Class 26 Sewing Machine | Springfield Leather

This post sounds like a first world problem. It also sounds like some Guerilla advertising gimmick for Cobra. I’m not really sure what to make of it. You appear to have worked yourself into a state over a sewing machine you’ve never worked with but suddenly can’t live without. If nothing else is acceptable in your mind you will just have to wait. My advice is to spent he extra $500 on a good therapist instead.

1 hour ago, Uwe said:

This post sounds like a first world problem. It also sounds like some Guerilla advertising gimmick for Cobra. I’m not really sure what to make of it. You appear to have worked yourself into a state over a sewing machine you’ve never worked with but suddenly can’t live without. If nothing else is acceptable in your mind you will just have to wait. My advice is to spent he extra $500 on a good therapist instead.

Well said Uwe.

kgg

1 hour ago, Uwe said:

Agreed.

2 hours ago, Uwe said:

sounds like some Guerilla advertising gimmick for Cobra....[or] ... worked yourself into a state over a sewing machine you’ve never worked with but suddenly can’t live without. 

There ya go.  Short, to the point, and probably stated more diplomatically than I might have ;)

2 hours ago, Uwe said:

Thanks for the laugh! My thoughts coincide with yours exactly. Heck, I would buy an old Singer 153-101 or equivalent with reverse by Singer, Juki or pfaff, I would even go for a Consew 227R and save the rest.. He could even buy a 441 clone for that money.

If this is real, Call Bob Kovar at Toledo Industrial Machine, he will help you out, great guy to deal with!

7 hours ago, kgg said:

Well said Uwe.

kgg

9 hours ago, Uwe said:

Extremely rude statement, i have no connection to the company.

Please dont say such unintelligent nonsense.

11 hours ago, Scoutmom103 said:

Maybe they have what you are looking for.

Cobra Class 26 Sewing Machine | Springfield Leather

Yes, i talked to him, nice guy, same problem, nobody has one

On 12/21/2020 at 4:39 PM, KennethLee said:

I know they cant help it, and theyre shut down (so they tell me) until the ENDDDDD of January......well Ive been saving for a CLASS 26 , and there is NO substitute, ive seen the 'others', and theyre nowhere near as good.

look for a used one. I found one, paid half of retail for it and was able to pick it up. 

Edited by Kcstott

7 hours ago, Aven said:

It's a bit of a drive, but its what you are looking for

https://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/hsh/d/chicago-industrial-sewing-machine/7242833787.html

Oh, it also looks like these guys have one.

https://industrialsewingmachineman.com/machines/all.asp?dir=sewmach&brand=Cobra

Sixth one down from the top.

FWIW Industrialsewingmachineman is a drop shipper,he doesn't stock anything so since Cobra is shut down he won't be able to send one either.

17 minutes ago, CowboyBob said:

FWIW Industrialsewingmachineman is a drop shipper,he doesn't stock anything so since Cobra is shut down he won't be able to send one either.

Well then I guess it's a drive to Chicago.  It's doable, it will only take a day round trip.  Beats the WA to NM run I've been doing.

I'm certainly NOT the sewing machine guy, but isn't this the same thing with a paint job?

Untitled-3.jpg

Wait... now I'm confused (worse).  What's the difference here... is the "vertical axis hook" mean the bobbin is vertical, or the axis is vertical and [thus] the bobbin is horiz?  Otherwise, same needles, same feet, same thread, same lift, same arm length, .... and both available with choice of table style...

Untitled-1.jpg

1 hour ago, JLSleather said:

I'm certainly NOT the sewing machine guy, but isn't this the same thing with a paint job?

Untitled-3.jpg

That is the thing and I am sure Wiz or anyone would really agree. The casts are all the same and the same with the Juki. Like most things in life we get attached to names.

As far as I am aware we (SLC) are the only ones who actually stock Cobra Machines in our store. Unfornantly we are out of stock and can't get any from Leather Machine Company. At one point I heard they had cases popping up in their warehouse and closed to keep it from spreading more, but I can't confirm this story. Either way...machines aren't going out of there for right now. As soon as we are able to get stock we will update in the best ways we have. 

On 12/21/2020 at 4:39 PM, KennethLee said:

I have a Cobra 26............... i sent you pm on details   (hope it worked)