ryano

Hard to believe I haven't been on here in years.

Firstly, I hope everyone is doing well and in good health! I would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas.

I was an active member and have not been on here for several years and would like to tell my story on why I have not been around, if anyone even remembers me that is. lol  I got very sick with an infection from a knee surgery and had over 60 surgeries the past 8 years and was in the hospital no less than 3 weeks at a time and up 3 months a couple of times.

One of my earlier surgeries, I woke up several days later thinking I just home from a biological ship expedition in the Antarctica, what had happened was I lost too much blood and got overdosed by the anesthesia. The doctors initially thought I had a stroke, but didn't, I did however lose a language, part of my math skills a partial memory loss, I was very lucky to say the least. I did end up losing my left leg above the knee. After months of therapy I can walk and do somethings I use to enjoy, with one being leatherworking. 

I just wanted to share my story on why I have been away for so long. I really look forward to reading some posts.

Take care,

Ryan

welcome back, happy to see you made it thru what had to b a trying experience.

41 minutes ago, cardinal leather said:

welcome back, happy to see you made it thru what had to b a trying experience.

Thank you! I just went through my leather shop the other day and it was like Christmas for me, but what a mess I have now. I had to call a harness shop to help identify some of my machines I use to make harness with, not a lot, but a few. 

I kind of just started off easy and made a couple of belts. I have also been sharpening a lot of knives and splitter blades. 

Ryan

In the time you've been gone I've made this forum a part of my daily routine. Hopefully you'll be able to integrate a fun and creative outlet into your daily routines now. It certainly sounds like you've had 8-years of daly routines that were anything but fun and creative. 

Welcome back!

1 hour ago, maxdaddy said:

In the time you've been gone I've made this forum a part of my daily routine. Hopefully you'll be able to integrate a fun and creative outlet into your daily routines now. It certainly sounds like you've had 8-years of daly routines that were anything but fun and creative. 

Welcome back!

I have now spent a few hours looking around the site and it has truly grown, a lot. I see the harness making is grouped into the saddles and tack, I looked for quite some time and did not run into any harness making, going to have to add to that. The harness tools and equipment is getting really hard to find. I should take pictures of some of my harness making machines and tooling. For some reason I am wanting to make a pare of boots, I have everything but a post bed machine, so time to do some trading. Lol

Anyway, great job on the site!!!!!

Welcome back and glad you made it through, sounds like quite the ordeal. Hope you can remain healthy and pick up on everything where you left off.

5 hours ago, battlemunky said:

Welcome back and glad you made it through, sounds like quite the ordeal. Hope you can remain healthy and pick up on everything where you left off.

Thank you! I did see where I responded to someone in early 2016, then everything else was 2012 and earlier. 

I just got a new leg that is so much better than my first one. The new one I can lock fast at any angle or lock it to not bend any further than that angle, The new leg also locks, while standing and if I stub my toe, so to speak, my first leg I could trip over an ant. So with all that being said, the new leg really helps me out on being able to work around the shop. 

Edited by ryano

Oh wow!  That's a long journey and am glad you've come through.   And welcome back.  Hope to see some of your stuff.

~JL

You're excused.  :thumbsup:

That's a hekuva ordeal!  Makes my own look like a head cold.   Glad you made it through and have my best wishes for future health.

PS, don't worry about the language loss. No one here will notice.  And I was promised that there is no math in leatherwork.  Really, that's what they told me.  

Welcome back Ryan, yep I remember you when this forum was just a pup!