TBigLug

Where to find blemished leather sides

Seems like an odd question, but where do I find leather with more scars, stretch marks and brands? I have done quite a few holsters, belts and odds and ends with the "blemishes" as my centerpiece and they love the character. Is there a place to find these "seconds"? Thanks

I think Springfield Leather had some Hermann Oak D Grade sides available at one time, you might contact them.  @TonySFLDLTHR may be able to assist.

YinTx

Edited by YinTx

Awesome, I'll check those out. Thanks.

I just ask my supplier, Le Prevo, for any hides with scars or marks.

They tend to sell such as lower quality suitable for 'historical re-enactment' as opposed to first quality for 'top-class' bags

I just saw yesterday on a Tandy email that they are selling foreign made veg tanned hides for $50. It is stated that these have holes, scars , etc.

They ALL have some rough looking leather.  Only problem is so many of them trying to charge a premium price for it (either they don't know better, in which case they shouldn't be your supplier, or they DO know better but are hoping YOU DONT, in which case they still shouldn't be your supplier).