Sign in to follow this  
Spyros

Tool roll for my woodworking chisels

Bench-1-19-M.jpg

Bench-1-20-M.jpg

Bench-1-21-M.jpg

Bench-1-22-M.jpg

Bench-1-23-M.jpg

Pretty happy how this turned out, especially in terms of functionality, it's light, not bigger than it needs to be and very quick and easy to use.

The leather is 1.8mm veg tan, dyed from the tannery, the strap is English bridle and the hardware is solid brass.  The interior is coated with black tokonole.

Edited by Spyros

Nice job !     you got me back thinking seeing that nice work, I've got to make 3 rolls like that. thanks for showing.

Thanks guys.  It took me about an hour to figure out dimensions and a design I was happy with and choose the hardware etc, maybe an hour for cutting/bevelling/punching, a few minutes for a quick coat of black tokonole on the edges and burnishing, and about 3 hours for stitching.  

Stitching shouldn't take that long but some stitches were hard to approach from the angle I wanted so I had to get a bit creative with the clamping.

Bench-1-18-M.jpg

Now that I have a pattern and I don't have to think I could probably make another in a couple of hours.