GavinO

Rocky Mountain Leather Suppliers

Hi there,

I have just come across 'Rocky Mountain leather Supplies' online. As a recent transplant to Canada from the UK I have been spending a lot of time working out my new suppliers. I have been quite reliant on Tandy but I like the 'Rocky Mountain' stategy of picking and supplying different products from around the world as well as their own label goods. 

I am thinking of buying the sanding kit as I am finding the manual sanding pretty labour intensive and would love to speed it up. If anyone has this or any good alternatives I would love to know what you think https://www.rmleathersupply.com/collections/machines/products/rocky-mountain-summit-edge-sanding-and-burnishing-attachment?variant=29972344209517 

Gavin. 

3 hours ago, GavinO said:

any good alternatives

I have several Dremel rotary tools around the shop for projects other than leather, and found leather burnishing tools (from Amazon) that attach to it. Dremel tools come corded ($) and cordless ($$). The cordless are very handy, and combined with the burnishing tips are comparable to what you are looking at. Price wise much the same, but the Dremel has many other attachments and uses, making it very handy.

Dremel.jpg

Bits.jpg

Thank you! I will have a look into it and compare. I also want to do an order with them just to see what the service and products are like. 

16 hours ago, Hardrada said:

RML has awesome service. The only thing that sux about buying from them is duties.

Goooood point. Thanks for the reminder. Any tips for sourcing within Canadian borders? I am in Monéreal