I would like to show you my work but my picture files are all to big. since I have been away for the last 18 years I am not tech savy enough to change them. They are on my web page danacanfield046.wixsite.com/website/shop If I can figure out how to get them here I will. I put another entry here under fresh out but dont know how to find it to check for replies. please bear with me as I learn.

9 hours ago, DCanfield said:

I would like to show you my work but my picture files are all to big. since I have been away for the last 18 years I am not tech savy enough to change them. They are on my web page danacanfield046.wixsite.com/website/shop If I can figure out how to get them here I will. I put another entry here under fresh out but dont know how to find it to check for replies. please bear with me as I learn.

What are you using? Phone, tablet, computer?  Mac? Windows?

If you have the original photos and want to share them here, you can upload them to imgur.com and copy the image link, and post them here.

Edited by Danne

On 1/1/2021 at 7:49 AM, Danne said:

If you have the original photos and want to share them here, you can upload them to imgur.com and copy the image link, and post them here.

Please, please, please do not post third party host links.  Post your photos on Leatherworker.net. 

If the photo is deleted from the hosting site, then you are left with a broken link.  If someone closes, or re-organizes their hosting site, all the photos will be gone from leatherworker.net.  Some of the posts/threads become useless as there is no longer any illustrations in the post. 

It is far better to re-size your photos to fit, so they will stay with your post and complement the text.

You can find lots of help if you spend a little time reading through this thread

There are lots of suggestions about how to re-size your photos with various software, some web based apps and some downloadable programs, several to choose from.

On 12/31/2020 at 10:00 PM, DCanfield said:

Chances your photos on your website are already reduced in size enough to fit.  Download and save them to your computer or device, keep track of where they are, and drag them into the rectangle in the post you are making that is labelled "Drag files here to attach".  I'm sure you likely have a friend or family member that would be happy to help you.  Give them the opportunity to serve you.  Might even be the kid from next door that would like to help, and get to know you.

1 hour ago, Northmount said:

Please, please, please do not post third party host links.  Post your photos on Leatherworker.net. 

If the photo is deleted from the hosting site, then you are left with a broken link.  If someone closes, or re-organizes their hosting site, all the photos will be gone from leatherworker.net.  Some of the posts/threads become useless as there is no longer any illustrations in the post. 

It is far better to re-size your photos to fit, so they will stay with your post and complement the text.

You can find lots of help if you spend a little time reading through this thread

Yes, it makes sense. Btw I found a website where it's possible to "bulk resize" photos, and you can choose file size. Then you get them downloaded as a zip file.

https://bulkresizephotos.com/

8 minutes ago, Danne said:

Yes, it makes sense. Btw I found a website where it's possible to "bulk resize" photos, and you can choose file size. Then you get them downloaded as a zip file.

https://bulkresizephotos.com/

Thanks!  Would you like to add this to the thread "How to post pictures on LW"?  Nice to have others comments instead of mine now and then.

1 hour ago, Northmount said:

Thanks!  Would you like to add this to the thread "How to post pictures on LW"?  Nice to have others comments instead of mine now and then.

Sure, I do that. 

fotosizer free and easy to use

If you have WIndows, no doubt you have Paint. Open the photo in Paint. On the top menu bar there's an option to resize the photo. Click on that, then choose whether you want to resize it by percentage or pixels. I always choose pixels, and enter a size of around 500 pixels for the height. The width will resize automatically to keep the picture in proportion.