jrny4wrd

Belt roller

Has anyone used one of these? Just want to be sure they work good. 

E89C1ACA-F488-4E9D-A760-CEA642018517.png

12 hours ago, jrny4wrd said:

Has anyone used one of these? Just want to be sure they work good. 

E89C1ACA-F488-4E9D-A760-CEA642018517.png

I have one, and it works well.  The only thing I find to be a little bit fiddly is setting up the guides to get a strap centered just where you want it.  It's not terrible, just a little bit fiddly.

- Bill

30 minutes ago, billybopp said:

a little bit fiddly is setting up the guides to get a strap centered just where you want it.  It's not terrible

SAME with the bunkhouse embosser.  So I just don't make ONE strap.. while I have it centered for that width of belt and that roller wheel, I make a bit more than I need before changing it out, so if somebody orders ONE (which has happened) I have one already ready (but don't store dozens of each design)

Were we doing "production" work, wouldn't be a considereation, we'd just make BATCHES of each design while its set up

50 minutes ago, billybopp said:

I have one, and it works well.  The only thing I find to be a little bit fiddly is setting up the guides to get a strap centered just where you want it.  It's not terrible, just a little bit fiddly.

- Bill

Thank you. Most embossing rollers fit them? 

18 minutes ago, JLSleather said:

SAME with the bunkhouse embosser.  So I just don't make ONE strap.. while I have it centered for that width of belt and that roller wheel, I make a bit more than I need before changing it out, so if somebody orders ONE (which has happened) I have one already ready (but don't store dozens of each design)

Were we doing "production" work, wouldn't be a considereation, we'd just make BATCHES of each design while its set up

Thank you. Does bunkhouse rollers fit these? 

:dunno:

Doesn't look like it... some of those bunkhouse rolls are pretty big - these bars look too close together

Most rolls will fit. The shaft size is more or less standard for all of these.  I've only tried one bunkhouse roll, and it's just a wee bit sloppy on the shaft.  I don't know if that's just the one I got or if they are all that way.  

- Bill

I was referring more to the outside diameter of the bunkhouse rolls, not the bore size.  I don't own the machine shown, so if somebody does and says it'll fit, then there you have it.

SOME will work. they all have a 1" bore, but the diameters vary.