buzzardbait

Craftool Co. professional grade head knife

doesnt tandy make craftool or own them ? I know they do or did sell that brand at my local shop in so cal.

id say if it is a tandy tool probably in the $50- $100.00 range would be my best guess.

maybe this thread can help...because i really have no clue what im talking about lol

The head knife Tandy has been selling for a number of years now, using Al Stohlman's name to market it, is a piece of junk. It's poor quality steel, and will not hold an edge.

HOWEVER, if this tool dates back to before Tandy started getting most of its tools from Taiwan, it COULD be a good knife. 

Edit: I downloaded the photo, so I could enlarge it, and read what's stamped on the knife. It does say 'Professional grade', and there's no mention of Stohlman, like there is with the newer knives. So, this is likely an older Tandy tool, and could be of very good quality.

Edited by Sheilajeanne

12 hours ago, Sheilajeanne said:

The head knife Tandy has been selling for a number of years now, using Al Stohlman's name to market it, is a piece of junk. It's poor quality steel, and will not hold an edge.

HOWEVER, if this tool dates back to before Tandy started getting most of its tools from Taiwan, it COULD be a good knife. 

Edit: I downloaded the photo, so I could enlarge it, and read what's stamped on the knife. It does say 'Professional grade', and there's no mention of Stohlman, like there is with the newer knives. So, this is likely an older Tandy tool, and could be of very good quality.

It is not the Stohlman knife and is stamped made in USA