A couple of 9 and 10 year olds in our family was constantly playing with their "pirates" guns and a small broken piece of wood as their "knife". There grandmother ask if I could make them a gun belt with a holster for their "knife". I made them a couple of belts and holsters (that would fit a 6 shooter later) then thought they had to have a better knife, so I carved these out for them. Needless to say, theses boys were thrilled to get theses, two happy customers!!

Edited by Akers
Pictures didn't load

Very nice work and I am sure they will get hours of fun with it.

Edited by Rohn

That's real nice and I'm to see that kids are still playing games like this !

That really nice work and I to am glad they still play these games but you really have to be careful in todays world someone is sure to grip.

Nicely done, I bet the kids love it.

Doug

Nicely done.  That is something they will always remember.

Gawd that brings back memories.  My grandparents lived between Floyd and Willis.  We'd go up on the weekend and run around chasing each other and causing general mayhem if it wasn't haying season. Those were miserable weekends, but had to be done to fed the cows through the winter.  It's also where I learned to shoot.  Fired my first rifle at the ripe old age of 4.  The rifle was a 22 of course and all our pistols were cap guns.  Oh those were fun times.

Thanks Aven, I grew up outside of Christiansburg in a little community called Elliott. I sure remember those days at family get togethers at granddad's running around with cousins playing army or cowboys and indians. Since I made this holster, we've been blessed with our first grandbaby. Can't wait to start making him things. 

Those are such excellent gifts. I wish my brother and I had something similar when we were that age, we had to stuff our stick-swords in our belts loops. Your nephews are some lucky kids.

Edited by iamunique127
sp.