kinger79

Mitsubishi CU865 parts help

Hi all,  I have a couple of questions about getting parts for my Mitsubishi CU865.  This is a machine that was sewing heavy felt filters before I got it and I am still trying to get it tuned to do an acceptable job with leather.  If my research is correct, these are really designed more as a binding machine, so the bottom feed dog only goes back and forth?  I really like the machine, though it was not my first choice, the price was right, it was local, and it has a programable servo and eps (which were on my "must have" list).  My biggest issue right now is that the bottom feed dog has really aggressive teeth and it leaves tracks that are unacceptable for me.  I understand that any machine will leave some tracks, but these leave actual teeth marks.  I am looking for a smooth feed dog or a hack to reduce the marking.  I have already loosened the presser foot tensions as much as I can. 

From what I can gather, this machine is very similar to a Pfaff 335 or some of the older necchi machines.  I am having trouble finding parts for this model of machine.  Will the pfaff 335 parts interchange for the most part, or is there a good source to get Mitsubishi parts in the US?  Any help or tips are much appreciated!

Thanks

Andrew

20210105_161924 (002).jpg

yeah I did...  good stuff

3 hours ago, kinger79 said:

I am having trouble finding parts for this model of machine. 

Which parts?

-DC

On 1/5/2021 at 7:32 PM, SARK9 said:

Which parts?

-DC

Specifically a thread guide for the top.  the knurled for the thread take up spring, and a new feed dog.  In general though they are kind of tough to locate mitsu parts for.  

As far as I know, the "old casting" Pfaff 335 feed dogs and needle plates interchange with the CU-865....they are all over Ebay etc. You need to know if your's  has the parts for the synchro binder or the regular feed setup. The presser feet are the ubiquitous Singer 111W type walking foot style. Zillions. My upper thread guide is factory stock but looks different than the one in the parts books....mine is a simple straight rod with the typical 90 degree offset holes for the thread to pass through....just a short section of threads on the lower end secured with a jam nut. The knurled nut.....ummm...here's the thread control ass'by.  Maybe pick a number?

-DC

CU_865_ThreadControllers.jpg

Edited by SARK9

Hi all, hope everyone’s well.

hi kinger79,

came across your post, I have the same machine.

have you come across an instruction manual of this particular model?

greetings from Barcelona/Spain 

Kai

Boa noite, estou precisando do manual de instrução da mitsubishi cu 865, na internet só achei o catalogo de peças, alguém pode passar uma dica como conseguir:

Good evening, I need the instruction manual for the mitsubishi cu 865, on the internet I only found the parts catalogue, can anyone give me a tip on how to get it:

Edited by Northmount
Translation added

I have the same machine and where do you find parts for it like a new roating hook?

On 1/27/2022 at 8:15 AM, Zeek039 said:

I have the same machine and where do you find parts for it like a new roating hook?

eBay is one source. There is a small bobbin version of the CU-865 and also a larger one that uses an M bobbin. On the model plate under CU-865 it should have a 12 or 22. 12 is the small bobbin version, 22 is the larger. If you need Koban or Hirose hook part numbers to help with your search, let me know.

| Bom dia ,como faço para comprar um calcador vivo de viés ,da máquina mitsubishi c u 865.

| Good morning, how do I buy a bias presser foot, for the mitsubishi c u 865 machine.

mitsubishi cu865.jpg

Edited by Northmount
added English translation