sturdypine

Consew 226 issues

I recently purchased a Consew 226 and have been having a few issues with it. When I sew through heavier fabric or multiple layers of fabric I end up with sporadic big loops on the bottom side. It also seems to happen when I go forward and reverse. It's been driving me a bit crazy, especially since it only happens sometimes. Any advice would be much appreciated! Thank you!

consew1.JPG

consew2.jpg

Are the stitches per inch the same both forward and reverse?

Simple way would be to determine the no load stitch length by 1. removing thread from needle and doing a foot long seam in a piece of ordinary paper. 2. count the number of stitches it punched in a 1 inch section at different locations in the seam. As sometimes stitch consistency can vary with worn parts. 3. without removing the piece of paper, do a reverse stitch or a inch or so at the end of the seam. The needle should go backwards into the same holes the forward stitch made. If not it maybe because of worn parts or being a bit out of adjustment.

kgg

@sturdypine Is that some sort of netting you're trying to sew? Just wondering that maybe messing things up and the machine is having difficulty sewing it? 

Try a piece of thin leather or fabric,  , and perhaps a few layers of canvas and see what happens.
Process of elimination ? 

HS