Aven

Adler 205 Spacers

I'm looking for spacers for my 205.  There weren't any extra parts included with my machine and I really would like more options than just using the 250.  No one seems to carry them that I can find.  Anyone know where I could get a full set?

You might find some at Weaver Leather (an advertiser here). They sold the Adler 205-370 until it was discontinued a couple of years ago. If anybody has spacers left they should. You will have to call or email them to get the correct spacer for the needle size you want to use.

What’s wrong with Weaver’s needle guide shims?  International shipping will likely be more than the part itself.

The earlier link pointed to a different part that is used for adjusting needle-to-hook distance.

Based on your description, I’m guessing you want these:

https://www.weaverleathersupply.com/catalog/item-detail/204-15-029-0/160-shim-for-the

If they’re too expensive for your taste, just leave the needle guide off entirely. Chances are you’ll never know it’s missing unless you sew wicked tough material or have an entire saddle dangling off the arm. You can also make your own shims from aluminum scraps of suitable thickness (250=2.5mm, 160=1.6mm etc.) I’ve contemplated cutting some from acrylic sheets on my laser.

216E3615-96EF-4649-88AB-085B9EFB6BA4.png

Edited by Uwe

Thanks for the link Uwe.  That's exactly what I was looking for.

There's nothing wrong with Weaver's needle guides.  They didn't come up when I searched on their site so I tried calling their parts department, had to leave a message, and emailing.  Since I didn't get an answer I thought I would check for other sources.

John called this morning.  We chatted for a bit over my difficulty in locating the part on their website.  I suggested they add the word Adler in the description, because that was why I couldn't find them.  I searched parts for "Adler" and "Adler 205".  Because I used Adler in both searches the spacers didn't come up.  John said that he would have their website guys look into adding Adler to the title or description.

Here the three are here, the variance is 0.1mm, 0.2mm and 0.3.  The 0.1 is like paper and not worth buying, but the others sure are.  Not sure how someone can even setup some Adler zig zags or clones that uses this setup without the spacers.  I have the part number and thickness information at work, I'm at home.  

Spacers.png.272020b462becdf8055c870201454cd1.png

Edited by Gregg From Keystone Sewing