Message today from a feller wants a holster fer Khar PM40 with CT laser.  Nice fella - spoke with him before.  He wanted a holster before, we put him off while we did some other things, including locating that laser.  Right hand, all black, no exotics.

Want I should refer you to him?  SHOW US you can make that holster and I'll put you in touch.

OK . . . I'll bite . . . I don't understand what's going on with your post . . . 

Are you wanting to make it . . . being asked to make it . . . or looking for someone else to make it???

May God bless,

Dwight

Guy wants a curved holster (not a "pancake") for PM40 with CT 437 laser.  Right Hand.  All black.  Asked us to make it.  Again.  Seems like very decent guy. He was willing to pay what we asked, but I don't set somebody ELSE'S price.

That said, I'd probably go on make it but I thought I'd ask if SOMEBODY ELSE wants the "job".  Guy is in NY.

He likes THIS and wants same style (only smaller, and with a laser).

9bs.jpg

Edited by JLSleather

Good luck . . . I'm pretty sure I've made my last laser holster.

One was enough for me.

May God bless,

Dwight

On 1/9/2021 at 11:40 PM, Dwight said:

Good luck . . . I'm pretty sure I've made my last laser holster.

One was enough for me.

May God bless,

Dwight

Haha, lasers and lights are different.  The most important thing is a clear path OUT of the holster.  Even the molds are not all set up for that.  

Hi Y'all, I'm no expert on this to the point of not having handled a pistol with a laser on it, BUT If I was going to build something like that, I'd need the original equipment to build it around.

Have fun with that.

Later

1 hour ago, 1961Mike said:

Hi Y'all, I'm no expert on this to the point of not having handled a pistol with a laser on it, BUT If I was going to build something like that, I'd need the original equipment to build it around.

Have fun with that.

Later

I was asked if I could do one . . . fortunately it was a small semi auto . . . with a laser that really looks and acts like it is a piece of the original equipment.

All the sides were smooth transitioning from gun to laser . . . no humps . . . no bumps . . . etc.

That made just adding an inch or so here . . . another over there . . . round it all off in front . . . etc . . . 

The trick was making it tight enough to be secure . . . loose enough that it did not cause problems . . . 

As it turned out . . . I shipped it to the fellow . . . he responded that he was not ready to place the order . . . did not have funds to pay for it as they were going thru a serious couple of problems in their lives . . . and the reason he thought about getting one was for his wife to have with her as her transit to work or back . . . was at zero dark thirty . . . and he was laid up and could not work at the moment.

Wound up being a charity job . . . 

May God bless,

Dwight

Just now, Dwight said:

I was asked if I could do one . . . fortunately it was a small semi auto . . . with a laser that really looks and acts like it is a piece of the original equipment.

All the sides were smooth transitioning from gun to laser . . . no humps . . . no bumps . . . etc.

That made just adding an inch or so here . . . another over there . . . round it all off in front . . . etc . . . 

The trick was making it tight enough to be secure . . . loose enough that it did not cause problems . . . 

As it turned out . . . I shipped it to the fellow . . . he responded that he was not ready to place the order . . . did not have funds to pay for it as they were going thru a serious couple of problems in their lives . . . and the reason he thought about getting one was for his wife to have with her as her transit to work or back . . . was at zero dark thirty . . . and he was laid up and could not work at the moment.

Wound up being a charity job . . . 

But I did do it off a home made wooden model of the gun and the laser . . . that model is down in the bottom of my model box . . . still . . . I think.

May God bless,

Dwight

Factory Laser or aftermarket? Does such a mold gun exist?  If not, I'd need the gun and that's a deal breaker.

Shoot him over to www.workadaygunleather.com if he wants a quote. I don't call my pancake holsters "pancake", so he may be happy!

All that said ... it's sounding like JLS has a new customer!

Hey ... just looked it up.  If 9 and 40 are the same (many are), you may have your beast right here!

https://www.knifekits.com/vcom/bluegun-holster-molding-prop-for-kahr-pm9-wcrimson-trace-laserguard-p-5133.html

41 minutes ago, Brooks125 said:

Hey ... just looked it up.  If 9 and 40 are the same (many are), you may have your beast right here!

https://www.knifekits.com/vcom/bluegun-holster-molding-prop-for-kahr-pm9-wcrimson-trace-laserguard-p-5133.html

That DOES look like the right gun. 

44 minutes ago, Brooks125 said:

Shoot him over to www.workadaygunleather.com if he wants a quote. I don't call my pancake holsters "pancake", so he may be happy!

All that said ... it's sounding like JLS has a new customer!

Well, are your holsters "pancakes" that are just called something else?  He don't want a "pancake" (even if it's called a brunette).  But if you do a "curved panel" holster, I'd be glad to send him over.  Very nice guy, I'd like to see him get the rig he wants (but JLS is NOT looking for another customer).

I actually REFUNDED this gent a while back - just couldn't carry the load at the time - but he just wants a nice rig and is willing to buy it.  Don't think he needs it yesterday, but I know he's been waiting a bit already ...

Might have to make the holster more than once, until he's happy. So price for research and devlopement. :) 

2 hours ago, JLSleather said:

That DOES look like the right gun. 

Well, are your holsters "pancakes" that are just called something else?  He don't want a "pancake" (even if it's called a brunette).  But if you do a "curved panel" holster, I'd be glad to send him over.  Very nice guy, I'd like to see him get the rig he wants (but JLS is NOT looking for another customer).

I actually REFUNDED this gent a while back - just couldn't carry the load at the time - but he just wants a nice rig and is willing to buy it.  Don't think he needs it yesterday, but I know he's been waiting a bit already ...

Yes.  They aren't flat.   I make them to curve around the body. Send him to the site and email is the best contact.  By the way, I would have called the picture above a pancake.  Two piece design with gun in middle, to me, is a pancake. I'm guessing he doesn't want a flat design ... which does suck.

Edited by Brooks125

2 hours ago, Brooks125 said:

I make them to curve around the body.

Yeah, I think we're talking about the same thing.  I checked your site, but couldn't tell from the angle of your pics.  I'll give him your web site ;)

hgfd.jpgDSC01154.jpg

R grizzle leather im sure can make it. I dont think he's on here.

25 minutes ago, Simplejack1985 said:

R grizzle leather im sure can make it. I dont think he's on here.

I don't think that's what this gentleman is looking for, but I'll send the guy the link.