Sign in to follow this  
Interroban

Fun Project

Hello everyone,

Just want to introduce myself and say thanks to everyone that posts on here. I just started leatherworking and got a lot of info from here to help finish a briefcase that I made as a Christmas gift.

Shown here is my first project.

Leather: Tandy craftsman oak veg-tanned 6/7 oz

Liner: Gray Chanille fabric with 2mm eva padding.

Dye: Tandy Sunshine Yellow

Thread: Tandy waxed cord in blue

Finish: NF, Aussie, Resolene

pictures: https://imgur.com/a/zC5s1CU sorry for the poor quality, forgot to take pictures before I gifted it so I had to use my cell phone.

Next up is a tote bag, working on the template now. Cheers and Happy New Year!

Edited by Interroban
Add image link

looks good!

On 1/9/2021 at 11:40 PM, Interroban said:

Please post your photos here.  3rd party hosted photos have a tendency to disappear, destroying the integrity of the thread.  Hosting companies change policies, disappear, people move their photos, delete them, change access, etc.  There are quite a number of posts that no longer provide the information they were intended to.

File size limit restricts even posting one of the pictures I have for the project. I guess something is better than nothing for now.

6 minutes ago, Interroban said:

File size limit restricts even posting one of the pictures I have for the project.

There are lots of suggestions as to how you can reduce file sizes here.  800x600 pixels is adequate for most.  1024x768 is a bit better.  Either of these will allow you to post many photos.  It is also a favour to users on the fringes of good internet access.  They don't have to wait an hour or so for a couple large photos to download before they can view the post.  Please refer to this thread to find several pieces of software or web based utilities to help you.

i use windows 10 on my computer it has a program called "photos" what i do is open them with that hold my cursor over the pic and right click , brings up a menu, click on resize and another menu opens that allows me to reduce the size, i use "best for emails and messages". rename and save in a folder. Its super easy!