Loudcherokee

Amazon shoe patcher machine frustrations

3 hours ago, Loudcherokee said:

Can ya'll recommend an affordable machine capable of stitching 207 in 16 ounces of leather that is under the $500 mark? I cant justify $2k on a machine that is right now just a hobby. 

Check with any saddlery shops or long time leather makers. They may have a retired harness stitcher that will do the job. See if you might could find a Singer 42-5. Mine could be available, but I'm in mid-Michigan and won't ship it.

When the dust settles on this, I would leave feedback on the Amazon page where you bought the machine so others know what not to expect from it. Does the seller even offer replacement parts, like the presser foot you ruined?

1 hour ago, Wizcrafts said:

Check with any saddlery shops or long time leather makers. They may have a retired harness stitcher that will do the job. See if you might could find a Singer 42-5. Mine could be available, but I'm in mid-Michigan and won't ship it.

When the dust settles on this, I would leave feedback on the Amazon page where you bought the machine so others know what not to expect from it. Does the seller even offer replacement parts, like the presser foot you ruined?

I don't believe the seller does, but there is a tack shop that has a few replacement parts. The stitcher was a gift so I'm not 100% sure who the seller was. 

LC

Put heat-shrink over the 2 feet and heat it till it shrinks  Works well and tends to give more grip .regards.,............Alan