Hello again.

Heres my latest customer order

Black buttero exterior with natural ghost camo interior, stitched by hand with 0.45 Black waxed linen thread spaced at 3.38mm and the edges are finished with uniters heatable edge paint in black.

comments and critiques always welcome. 

thanks for looking 

4C2D1ED6-9299-4B16-A0D3-E47100671920.jpeg

BDFD6808-BF0F-4230-8EE1-6ACDBFE0F426.jpeg

1C4BD2B7-A7F8-40EF-8205-CF4C0743FA6F.jpeg

AB5E64F3-6A7F-42A7-959E-0B2A9FF0B73F.jpeg

4D909493-3E9D-444F-90E0-EA5F96FD09F6.jpeg

6753E441-AB18-40E0-A400-7096803F24C9.jpeg

4EE0FD24-77D4-421F-BC8C-A8BC8DF596C2.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Hardrada said:

What are the leathers' weights?

wallet exterior is 2 pieces of black 2.5/3.0oz buttero with the flesh side glued together

inside is natural ghost camo in 1.5oz

I like it.  "Fun" interiors are interesting and I'll guarantee it will get comments when the owner opens it.  Nice execution too.

2 hours ago, Tugadude said:

I like it.  "Fun" interiors are interesting and I'll guarantee it will get comments when the owner opens it.  Nice execution too.

thanks !!

yes it will definitely get some looks. i cant to see it when the wax wears off the ghost camo and the leather starts to patina.

I'm still a noob.  Could you explain what the uniters heatable edge paint is and how it works and why I would use that instead of just edge Kote?  

Is the customer trying to hide the the fact that he has money in his wallet, so he does not have to get the next round in.

Nice work by the way.

JCUK

Nice piece of work there and beautiful execution. Well done!

1 hour ago, JayEhl said:

I'm still a noob.  Could you explain what the uniters heatable edge paint is and how it works and why I would use that instead of just edge Kote?  

So with heatable edge paint youre able to work, smooth and move the paint around after its dried with the use of a fileteuse or in my case i use the side of my edge creaser heated up with a candle.

admittedly i have very limited experience with edge kote because early on i learned that higher end makers use edge paint to finish there products.

i used some edge kote maybe once on the first or second project and got really bad results so i never used it again.

Okay cool, thanks for the explanation.  I'll have to do some more research but its still a hobby and my bar is still pretty low.  :P

1 hour ago, jcuk said:

Is the customer trying to hide the the fact that he has money in his wallet, so he does not have to get the next round in.

Nice work by the way.

JCUK

lol yes my thoughts exactly and thank you !!

The wallet looks great and you should have a happy customer. As to the precision of the build, a super wow. Beautiful!

1 hour ago, Adverse said:

Nice piece of work there and beautiful execution. Well done!

i appreciate that. thanks !!

18 minutes ago, Woodshed said:

The wallet looks great and you should have a happy customer. As to the precision of the build, a super wow. Beautiful!

yes he was very happy and thank you for you compliment.

i strive to make my products as nice as possible. its detrimental to my pocket at times lol because of the amount of time i spend on the fit and finish.

But hopefully it will pay off. if not it makes me feel better knowing i did my best.

take care

Very nice!  Love how the edges turned out on this.

2 hours ago, Bob Blea said:

Very nice!  Love how the edges turned out on this.

thank you !

several layers of uniters paint (3 or 4) sanded in between with 600 and 800 grit then finished with 1200 grit sandpaper.

then i apply a layer of wax and smooth with the side of my warmed up edge creaser then buff with canvas.

looks great, love the camo and black!

7 hours ago, MsEdna said:

looks great, love the camo and black!

thank you... i kinda like it as well :thumbsup:

Love this.

Nice work as always!

Agree with everyone on looks and execution. Really nice work! I too can't wait to see how the patina works out on this, you'll have to get some follow-on pics.

It is a nice wallet.  How is the Buttero to work with compared to other leathers like Wickett and Craig, or Hermann Oak?

YinTx

On 3/31/2021 at 11:35 AM, battlemunky said:

Agree with everyone on looks and execution. Really nice work! I too can't wait to see how the patina works out on this, you'll have to get some follow-on pics.

thanks for the kind words. Im also interested to see how the wax wears off and the patina develops.

9 hours ago, YinTx said:

It is a nice wallet.  How is the Buttero to work with compared to other leathers like Wickett and Craig, or Hermann Oak?

YinTx

I really like working with buttero mainly for the variety of colors. i like that i can get it split really thin 0.6/08mm and it still has enough body not to flop around while skiving or working with thin panels. I do have a side of wicket and craig naty veg that i use for jobs that i hand dye on occasion i find its really dry and i dont like that i have to do alot of finishing to get the look i want. Also i feel like the wicket and craig has alot more scars than the italian stuff ive been buying.

i have no experience with hermann oak although it does look really nice, if i could find a supplier that splits panels of it i would like to try some. I did just recently try this veg tan from La Perla Azurra and i can say with out a doubt its probably my new favorite leather.

Man, I love this. Great job.
Do you use Uniters EP Coat primer?