Bert03241

Hello from Sunny,hot, and dry Arizona LOL

Well I joined this forum a couple days ago to find out about making a leather book cover for a Hardback book.I've been reading threads and jumping in on a few things I'm familiar with and still haven't got around to asking about my book cover LOL .I've been dabbling in leather work on and off for a couple years. I'm mostly into laser engraving wood, acrylic and decided to see what I could do with leather and the laser and wa la I'm hooked on lasering leather . I make custom engraved leather knife cases for Buck 110 Hunting knife and other knives of that size and shape.

Cross Draw Sheaths  (1).jpg

Harley Sheath.jpg

IMG_20200505_090914884 (Copy).jpg

Hi Burt

Very interested in the laser engraving. Looks very precise. What machines/tools do you use?

Welcome aboard Burt!

Thanks for the welcome . I have a Rabbit USA 6040- 60 watt co2 laser engraver. Yea its very precise. I design the patterns in corel then transfer the design to the laser. It cuts and engraves the leather then I do all the finish work by hand. I bevel the edges, hand sew the sheath, then hand mold it to fit a knife, then I buff the edges and give them 2 coats of edge coat and finally give the whole sheath 2 coats of resolene   .Funny I notice both of you spelled my name wrong LOL

Edited by Bert03241