Just finished this bifold up today. I think it came out great, it’s been a while since the last one I made. 

I didn’t get a photo but the cash pocket is lined with a nice plaid fabric.

422BFB83-04C1-4D3F-A403-32F674187C84.jpeg

D60AA2DB-B12A-4F40-9390-CE6F158133B4.jpeg

Ooh that’s really cool! How did you do the tree? Do you use small paint brushes and basically just paint your designs with dye? I am curious about do more artwork on my projects like stamping and carving but lately I’ve had an itch to do designs with dye but I’m not sure where to start and how to go about it properly. :blush: I need to find a good comprehensive tutorial lol anyways you do amazing work!

Edited by Zozo

oh, that is just beautiful

echo; how did you do the Tree? Nosey, err . . . enquiring minds want to know these things

Nice wallet 

yea, super nice work.   And what zozo said...

Love it, very good job.

AndyL1, from where you purchased that Tree stamp ? 

Edited by Adonis

On 1/12/2021 at 9:06 PM, Zozo said:

Ooh that’s really cool! How did you do the tree? Do you use small paint brushes and basically just paint your designs with dye? I am curious about do more artwork on my projects like stamping and carving but lately I’ve had an itch to do designs with dye but I’m not sure where to start and how to go about it properly. :blush: I need to find a good comprehensive tutorial lol anyways you do amazing work!

Thank you! The tree was done with a stamp that I made with my laser. It's laser engraved Delrin and I have a growing library of designs. I used a fine point paintbrush with green dye for the color.

On 1/12/2021 at 10:46 PM, fredk said:

oh, that is just beautiful

echo; how did you do the Tree? Nosey, err . . . enquiring minds want to know these things

Thanks! See above...

On 1/13/2021 at 3:34 AM, Bogwot said:

Nice wallet 

Thanks!

On 1/13/2021 at 6:44 AM, JayEhl said:

yea, super nice work.   And what zozo said...

Thanks!

7 hours ago, Adonis said:

Love it, very good job.

AndyL1, from where you purchased that Tree stamp ? 

Thank you! I made the stamp out of Delrin with my laser.

It is really cool, but doesn't the tree of life have the roots connected to the branches?  Just curious...

Also, that is some tidy air brush work!

YinTx

Edited by YinTx

Love the color of the leather. What dye did you use? I have experimented with alcohol dyes and stains but I am never happy with the results. 

On 1/17/2021 at 7:35 AM, YinTx said:

It is really cool, but doesn't the tree of life have the roots connected to the branches?  Just curious...

Also, that is some tidy air brush work!

YinTx

Thanks! There are quite a few tree of life designs out there, all different with various knotwork. Also, no airbrush here. Just used a sponge for the brown and paint brush for the green.

18 hours ago, MsEdna said:

Love the color of the leather. What dye did you use? I have experimented with alcohol dyes and stains but I am never happy with the results. 

Thank you! I used Tandy’s Waterstain in light brown and the tree is their green. I like the colors, they’re very rich and go on nicely. I use Fiebing’s alcohol dyes as well but their colors always come out so dark. I like to thin them with denatured alcohol.

Edited by AndyL1

1 hour ago, AndyL1 said:

Thanks! There are quite a few tree of life designs out there, all different with various knotwork. Also, no airbrush here. Just used a sponge for the brown and paint brush for the green.

Makes sense.  And I misread your post saying you used a fine point paintbrush, thought it said airbrush.  Happens to me.

YinTx

3 hours ago, AndyL1 said:

Thank you! I used Tandy’s Waterstain in light brown and the tree is their green. I like the colors, they’re very rich and go on nicely. I use Fiebing’s alcohol dyes as well but their colors always come out so dark. I like to thin them with denatured alcohol.

I never get these results with Waterstain, guess I have to practice a bit more ;)

Nice and clean. Turned out beautiful!

Whole thing is awesome, but i especially like the dye texture on the inside.