learningtosew

Chandler/Adler 067-GK373

First of all, I want to start by saying I am thoroughly impressed with the wealth of knowledge on this website.  I have read the intro to leather sewing machines post by Wiz, lurked the forums for months, and of course, done my own research on the side.  I'm finally ready to buy a machine, and wanted to come here to 1) Make sure I'm getting the right one, and 2) make sure I'm getting a good price, and 3) consider any other suggestions you may have.

I will be using the machine for sewing car seats consisting of vinyl, body cloth fabric (napped nylon), and foam-backed pieces.  I plan on sewing some accessories in leather (like a shift boot).  The seats that I am copying have a stitch length of 6.3 mm for the top-stitching, and about 4.7mm for the regular seams. I will be using V92 thread (UV coated).

I found a machine on Craigslist, and it's for $800. Is that a good deal? Attached are pictures.  From this website, I have learned that I need to inspect for play where the needle is held (correct me if I'm wrong on this), and burrs on the gib.  I've also requested pictures of the belt from the owner, and they are attached.

Thank you all in advance for your input.  After coming to this website, I think I am also going to try learning leather craft, too!!

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by Northmount
Downloaded photos from shared folder and posted here

Those google drive links don't work for me. It's far better to upload pictures directly here for archiving purposes. The editor window will show a  "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." near the bottom. You may have to resize pictures if they're too large to upload here directly.

The Adler 67GK373 are VERY nice machines and if in good condition are likely worth $800 or more, depending table and motor. It's hard to judge the true condition of a machine without sitting in front of it and seeing/hearing it sew.