GTarpley3

Oooppss.

Ladies and Gentleman,  i feel i have done the impossible.  I have manged to stop up the blade on my stitch groover... Yes I am extremely new to leather craft.  Like a blind man in a lake I'm just swimming until i figure it out lol.  If yall have anyway to help Id appreciate it. New blade is in the mail,  just would like to keep going till it gets here. Thanks! 

G

Take a needle and poke it . . . it's a straight thru hole . . . all you need to do is clean it out.

May God bless,

Dwight

Yes, poke it through from the blade end back out the top and be careful not to damage the blade edge.

Hold it in a flame briefly (match or lighter), the little leather plug will crawl out like a worm.

1 hour ago, sheathmaker said:

Hold it in a flame briefly (match or lighter), the little leather plug will crawl out like a worm.

Now that is a good thing to know . . . thank you.

May God bless,

Dwight

I got it out through perseverance and a strong needle lol Thank Yall. Ill keep all these tips in mind for the future. Does this happen often?

1 minute ago, GTarpley3 said:

Does this happen often?

yes, I keep a a sewing needle in a pin drill chuck just for the purpose of clearing that hole