AzShooter

Finished Holster With Pictures

I took my time on this holster and took a few practice ones to get it right.  

The sight produced a unique problem.  I had to design the holster to fit not only the sight but some added on equipment that required it to be cut down a long way.  Since there is so little leather wrapped around the gun I used two tension screws to make sure the gun will not fall out when walking around.  

The holster is made of one layer of 8 ounce lather with a pig skin lining.  There are three T-Nuts inserted under the  pig skin to be able to support the belt loop. The back of the holster, the belt loop, is made of two layers of 8 ounce leather and a stiffener so that the holster will not bend or flop around.  The loop itself is held on with only one screw.  It is totally secure.

After initially cutting the holster and then sanding it to shape I stamped the basket weave and my initials. I stained it with Light Tan , Resolene, then antiquing and another coat of Resolene.  I was lucky enough to have a chisel long enough to go threw the two layers, and everything is stitched by hand. 

Any critiquing is welcome.  Thanks for looking.

Blaxk Mamba with C-More Holster.jpg

Back of Mamba Holster.jpg

Belt Loop Of Black Mamba Holster.jpg

Nice looking holster.  I don't understand why you think you need all those T-nuts.  The stitching should hold it together just fine.  (You would stitch closer to the barrel without those nuts.)  You made an extremely thick belt loop - I think it could be a lot thinner - and maybe because it's so thick, it's rounded at the end.  A thinner version would allow you to make a "box" or rectangle shape that would fit the belt without wanting to turn.  Spend more time on the edges if you really want to make it look "pro".

Maybe I'm being nitpicky, but this is the place for constructive comments.  I hate when everybody just replies, "Nice".

Hi, I agree, edging is difficult, take a lot of time with it. 

Since that's a competition piece, adjust-ability may be important.  The number of T-nuts may be due to that.  I agree with the comment on the belt loop.  Have you considered a way to make the carry angle adjustable?

Good work though.

The carry angle is adjustable by changing the hole pattern on the belt loop.  This one drops the way I like it.  I use the same design for the three holes but change the patter on the loop pad.  I could do it all at once but I wanted to finish this holster.

I like using the T-Nuts and the one for the loop.  The leather on the belt loop is so thick that it prevents the holster form any movement during running events.  I want the gun as secure as possible.  There are probably better ways so I am open for suggestions.