Johanna

Tandy Doodle Pages

Sam, this is an old thread. TLF owns the rights to the Doodle Pages, so digitally sharing them without permission is not possible. I will get my daughter to catalog my paper collection this summer and be glad to give away any duplicates to anyone who is interested, but I won't sell any because I didn't pay for any of them. Maybe if you have friends in high places at Tandy, they will give you a copy of the infamous CD? It's a real treasure, packed with nostalgia and information from some of the most respected artists in the business, dead and alive, front and back scans of all the Doodle Pages. If Tandy would publish it, I would tell anyone who wants to improve their leatherwork art to buy it. But, AFAIK, it's not available at this time.

Johanna

I am but a simple man. I do not have friends in high place and never claim to have them, but I am never afraid to ask! Let me do some dog work and maybe I can track down the right person to ask permission. It never hurts to ask! At least that is what I teach my children. In exchange for trying, I would love any duplicates that you may have and I would gladly pay for shipping and handling. Thanks for the offer....you're too kind!

As for eBay, if what was said earlier, eBay would not be in existence if reselling your items was illegal. There are some sellers on eBay now that are selling books on CD's and they thousands of feedback ratings! So....I don't know.

Ms. Jo: I'll get busy on this like a one legged man in a '_ ss' kicking contest and get back to you via PM.

Tandy offers them as a free download now.

By individual pages, or by collectors groups.

I just got done downloading all of them.

I know this is 10 years old, but it showed up on a search I did for something else so I thought I would comment.

I was searching for a reason the doodle pages were discontinued.

If anyone knows, please share.

Thank You Kindly.

The Leathercraft Library site was absorbed into Tandy's new site a bit ago, so here is an updated link if any are interested:

Leathercraft Library — Tandy Leather, Inc.

The site has pretty much all of what was on Leathercraft Library; PDF's, videos, etc. and it appears it's still free.

22 hours ago, FishEggStew said:

The Leathercraft Library site was absorbed into Tandy's new site a bit ago, so here is an updated link if any are interested:

Muchly thanks for the new link. My old link wasn't connecting any more and I couldn't find if the Library was in a new place

Just blew a couple of happy hours browsing through these and downloading the ones that interested me!  :thumbsup:

Same. This is real gold.  And just fun to look at and remanence.     Knowing everything is virtual and CD's DVD's are no longer a thing, any more (I can't even remember putting one in the computer let alone the DVD player) I wonder if Tandy would reconsider repackaging these up somehow, maybe as a larger compressed file for download (for a "convenience" fee, I'm sure)

On 6/3/2021 at 6:52 PM, Sheilajeanne said:

Just blew a couple of happy hours browsing through these and downloading the ones that interested me!  :thumbsup:

I'm downloading ALL the Doodle Page Sets. 43 in total, 25 done so far. You never know when something on one of them might be of interest or be needed so best to have them all. Or, as children's toy adverts used to say ' Be the first on your block to have them all!' And it costs nowt to get them. After saving to my computer I'll be saving to a DVD and a pen-drive as back ups

Time for another cuppa whilst I do the next 18 downloads. By the way, the set doesn't say on its PDF what it contains so I'm copying the contents off the Tandy website and putting them into a 'word' document

@fredk I am furiously downloading these, too!   I wished these were in some sort of order instead of being randomly placed but, what they're a free download so I guess I can't be a choosing beggar!  :yeah:

I created a list of items that were on their web pages but were unable to download because broken links.  Maybe others have been able to get these, or already has them?   If so, I am interested in a few select items but all in all, well worth the time.  

HOLSTEIN: BREAD AND" BUTTER" BY LINDA DEUTSHER- SERIES 8D PAGE 9
ADD A LITTLE "COUNTRY" TO YOUR "WESTERN" BY TIM GROTHEN- SERIES 10D PAGE 3
OLD BALDY BY LARRY "COTTON" MILLS- SERIES 1E PAGE 6
THE GOOD SHEPHERD PATTERN #2641
ENDANGERED SPECIES PATTERN PACK #2693
PERCUSSION PISTOL PATTERN PAK #2691
RODEO #1 SPORT PATTERN
VINTAGE EARTH BOOT PATTERN #2689
BOWLING BALL BAG PATTERN #4429
STIRRUP BAG VINTAGE PATTERN #4372
VINTAGE PONY EXPRESS PATTERN PACK #2658
VINTAGE DISPATCH RIDER PATTERN PACK #2659
CELL PHONE CASE KIT #44262-00 BONUS TOOLING PATTERN
SMARTPHONE CASE KIT #44263-00 BONUS TOOLING PATTERN
PHONE/CREDIT CARD CASE KIT #44258-00 BONUS TOOLING PATTERN
VICTORY BELT BAG KIT #44347-00 BONUS TOOLING PATTERN
MILA HANDBAG KIT #44318-00 BONUS TOOLING PATTERN
CHRISTMAS STOCKINGS PATTERN
MAGNOLIA HANDBAG KIT #44300-00 BONUS TOOLING PATTERN
TABLET SLEEVE KIT #44266-05 BONUS TOOLING PATTERN
SOPHIA HANDBAG KIT #44314-00 BONUS TOOLING PATTERN
CRUSADER-STYLE OVER-SHOULDER SWORD CARRIER PATTERN
REVIVAL HANDBAG KIT #44373-00 BONUS TOOLING PATTERN
HORIZONTAL MESSENGER BAG KIT #44426-00 BONUS TOOLING PATTERN
CLASSIC JOURNAL KIT #4183-00 BONUS TOOLING PATTERN
CRAFTOOL PICTURE PATTERNS #21 MATADOR & FIGHTING STALLIONS
TOP NOTCH BILLFOLD FLORAL TOOLING PATTERN #4001-00
BOOK COVER KIT #4181 FLORAL TOOLING PATTERN
CRAFTOOL PICTURE PATTERNS PACK #20 PIN-TAILS & GRIZZLY
KATIE HANDBAG KIT #44362-00 TOOLING PATTERN

I think I have some of those saved.

Most of them are small memory and I can email them but afair the 'Percussion Pistol Holsters' is a big memory and I can't send it by usual email. I need to look out a link another LWer gaveme for sending big memory stuff.

PM me an email address and I'll send you what I can

Does anyone have these

VINTAGE PONY EXPRESS PATTERN PACK #2658
VINTAGE DISPATCH RIDER PATTERN PACK #2659

31 minutes ago, Simplejack1985 said:

VINTAGE DISPATCH RIDER PATTERN PACK #2659

I have this one

I am in contact with the webmaster at Tandy and gave them a list of broken links.   Maybe these will be fixed, soon. 

2 hours ago, JayEhl said:

I am in contact with the webmaster at Tandy and gave them a list of broken links.   Maybe these will be fixed, soon. 

Excellent. An obvious thing to do in which all we others failed

6 hours ago, JayEhl said:

A random sampling shows the broken links are fixed

Well done that man, carry on

Gosh, glad I could help.  It was the least I could do for all of the support I get from you guys and from this forum!

What a nice thing for you to say, Jay!  :wub:

Late to the conversation but trust me, Tandy will sue.  I worked for Radio Shack for 10 years, a company called Auto Shack started up and within 6 months Tandy sued over the name and won.

When you work for a large corporation like them, your ideas become property of the main company. 

Another example, my father held a number of patents for cans and worked for American Can Company.  These products made millions of dollars,  Dad was taken care of but ACC made all the profits.

9 hours ago, AzShooter said:

Late to the conversation but trust me, Tandy will sue. 

For WHY will Tandy sue?

They are the ones offering us the Doodle Pages free for our use

3 hours ago, fredk said:

For WHY will Tandy sue?

They are the ones offering us the Doodle Pages free for our use

If you try to sell their property.  If you give it away that's not a problem.

54 minutes ago, AzShooter said:

If you try to sell their property.  If you give it away that's not a problem.

But no-one on here is Selling Tandy patterns or passing them off as their own.

You are looking at a question raised 15 years ago and basically resolved 11 years ago.

It is quite legitimate to compile the Doodle pages on to one CD or DVD and sell that to cover the cost of the disc but with no profit element for the pages and with recognition that the pages are Tandy's

A quick update:  I ran through all the broken links that I shared with Tandy and only the following is not working.  I will bring this to their attention and I have no doubts it will be fixed, soon.

CRUSADER-STYLE OVER-SHOULDER SWORD CARRIER PATTERN

~JL

:thumbsup:   :specool: