Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hey guys,

Made this little notebook cover for my wife recently, pretty happy with how it turned out. Leather is Orange Taurillion calf skin with Marine blue goat skin corner details. Hand stitched with Orange linen thread. Comments welcome.

Cheers, Doug

Notebook cover.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Doug61 said:

Comments welcome

Beautiful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's the way to do it. Well done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nicely done, very professional looking!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like it.  Very classy and well executed.  I'm a fan of the contrasting colors and the brogue detail.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is a beautiful piece for sure. I love the colors and especially the brogue on the corners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You kinda killed that. Excellent work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the comments all, the Brogue punches are a great little tool for adding some interest.

 

Doug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thats beautiful! I'm new to all this, so may I ask if that pebbley texture is a product of it being calf skin or is it embossed that way? Where did you get that leather from? I've got a couple of projects in mind that I want to use that texture on but don't know where to find that kind of leather. 

 

Lc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful! What is the spacing on your stitching? 3mm? Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2021 at 3:33 PM, Loudcherokee said:

Thats beautiful! I'm new to all this, so may I ask if that pebbley texture is a product of it being calf skin or is it embossed that way? Where did you get that leather from? I've got a couple of projects in mind that I want to use that texture on but don't know where to find that kind of leather. 

 

Lc

Hi, The texture is a feature of this type of calf skin and the photo's do not do it justice, it really is beautiful. It's called Taurillon Lagon and it comes from France. I purchased it on-line from Europelle in Hong Kong, they are very good to deal with, but it only comes in a few colours.

Almost forgot to mention that this only comes from Bull Calves.

Hope this helps, Doug

Edited by Doug61
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Whit30 said:

Beautiful! What is the spacing on your stitching? 3mm? Thank you!

Yep, 3mm. I like small stitches.

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2021 at 8:53 AM, Doug61 said:

Hey guys,

Made this little notebook cover for my wife recently, pretty happy with how it turned out. Leather is Orange Taurillion calf skin with Marine blue goat skin corner details. Hand stitched with Orange linen thread. Comments welcome.

Cheers, Doug

Notebook cover.jpg

Super! clean...very nice color combination..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2021 at 10:31 PM, Doug61 said:

the Brogue punches are a great little tool for adding some interest.

I've seen these sorts of punch holes but didn't know what they were called.   You did a great job on this project. Thanks for sharing! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...