Oxbo

Leather shop ...

Hi guys ............. Recall awhile back I joined the forum and mentioned that I was giving all my leatherworking

stuff to my son and his boys. And we were going to make a leather shop .... Well here's a few pics of where

we started and where we are now .... Only problem is ..... They're lovin it but don't seem to have time to start

making stuff (they have made a couple of things but,..... could certainly be doing a lot more). I want those grand

kids (11yrs and 9yrs) to really learn this stuff so they can make spending money etc. Have applied for trademark for the company,

if they ever get it going etc ....

Have a nice day ...

Oxbo

Corner Bench 41.jpg

Corner Bench 42.jpg

Corner Bench 42a.jpg

Corner Bench 43.JPG

And some more pics ...

Corner Bench 45.JPG

Corner Bench 47.JPG

Foggy Bog LLC.jpg

That is very nice. Those boys are fortunate to have you as a Father and Grandfather.  

Tx's Rohn ...

8 1/2 months, not too long I guess, them boys had a birthday so am off a little on how

old they are ..... Had to work in bulding a chicken coop also = Son bought a bunch of biddies

and we had no coop, so ......... Got one now...... but still got to make the yard for em, they just

roam around free range now ..... The other end of the shop is for vehicle repair etc, etc .......

And .. got us a little coffin welder  and welding table back there etc ...

It's a coming ..............................

@Oxbo at that age kids are very busy with school and other activities, sometimes it takes a while for them the realize what it is they want to do.  Its a great looking shop and logo.

Todd

There's no toe kick, how often to you kick those doors when standing at the bench?

19 hours ago, mike02130 said:

There's no toe kick, how often to you kick those doors when standing at the bench?

Hmmmmmmm...... Never thought about that = don't recall ever kickin the doors........

My son surprised me with hanging the logo on the bench, will have to move it up a bit .....

That logo was drawn for me 34 years ago by a good friend = he only charged me $10.00 .....

Had it framed awhile back = the original artwork .. Have had it rolled up in the top drawer of

my desk all these years .....

Notice it says "inc" ... Had to change that to LLC ....

FB Logo.jpg

Edited by Oxbo
cause

Very nice set up

On 1/21/2021 at 1:06 AM, mike02130 said:

another difference in lingo: a door-kick panel on a door is a re-enforced panel so's ya can kick a door closed, an inset panel under a cupboard door so's ya don't keep kicking it with your toes is a plinth panel

HI. I'd almost be willing to give up my Pearson No.6 for a shop like that.  Beautiful, room to move around and set up a shop like it should be, not a cubby hole like many of us have where you have to leave the room to change your mind.   Very nice set-up.

Layo

Very nice 

Ha ! ! Ya'll will also notice there are Morse Code Oscillators/w/keys on the end of the

benches (with print out of the letters and numbers in code etc ...

I've got one on one end and another all the way over on the other side. We told the boys,

"Just as we've had to learn math as a matter of growing up, so too we've had to learn the code,

and ..... You boys have reached the age where it's your turn to learn the code" = They loved it = 

being able to send code to each other across the shop .... However, my son tells me they're driving him nuts,

not with sending code LOL, but, one can change the frequency up or down where each has a different freq

than the other, well, they just sit there running the freq's up and down = driving him batty etc LOL ...

Coming along nicely. Heck of a shop. 

Nice work on those wallets

On 1/23/2021 at 9:35 PM, Oxbo said:

Ha ! ! Ya'll will also notice there are Morse Code Oscillators/w/keys on the end of the

Morse is still very useful. Year before last was talking to a soldier. He'd been sent into an African country to help local LEO to rescue some hostages. The patrol was going thru a remote village when they heard  some banging. All the patrol but him ignored the banging but he recognised it as Morse. Long story short - communication was made, one of the hostages was able to tell the patrol where they were and how many baddies there were. After a gun fight, result was 8 hostages freed, 12 baddies dead and another 3 taken prisoner.

Cannot beat knowing the Code for sure = tx's for that story ! ! ! ! 

We're on a roll  = I got into making soap a few years ago, made enough to last a

lifetime, thinking about it = include it in our Leatherworks company's product line

Will be real good at local craft fairs etc ....

Foggy Bog Soap.JPG

Very nice shop.  Nice wallets too.

Started at the beginning of the thread and ran down memory lane with ya.  Great fun, even if you make nothing, the time spent with your son and grandsons will last a lifetime...for both you and them.  Enjoy them and continue to pour into them.  They will never forget.

Congratulations, that's a really nice setup you have going there. And a lot of hard work. 

I recall when I bought that glass display case (off of Craig's list), as I was picking it up (in another town) I was telling the fellow

what it was for (my son and grandson's leather shop that possibly might become a business one day etc, etc ....

He stated to me = "Ya got to plant a seed in order to get a tree" and that has stuck with me since ........

Tx;s guys .....

On 1/23/2021 at 2:15 PM, Greenwood said:

HI. I'd almost be willing to give up my Pearson No.6 for a shop like that.  Beautiful, room to move around and set up a shop like it should be, not a cubby hole like many of us have where you have to leave the room to change your mind.   Very nice set-up.

Ha!  Leaving the room to change your mind. That's funny and how true!   But boy what a beautiful set up.   My "shop" is a kitchen table I kind of took over and completely outgrown.   I have a 12x12 shed in the back for lawn stuff I've thought converting but that's as far as I've gotten. 

19 hours ago, Oxbo said:

I recall when I bought that glass display case (off of Craig's list), as I was picking it up (in another town) I was telling the fellow

what it was for (my son and grandson's leather shop that possibly might become a business one day etc, etc ....

He stated to me = "Ya got to plant a seed in order to get a tree" and that has stuck with me since ........

Tx;s guys .....

Y'know, I think I'm eligible for adoption, if you're looking for a low-maintenance addition to your family.

Beautiful shop!

Wish I had your shop and you had a better one.  We would both be happy.  Not sure where you are located but as a retired builder, I'm thinking you may need insulation to keep your building from sweating and being hot and cold.  Looking good at any rate.

Yep appreciate the compliments guys ....

The shop has really come along nicely.

"Hasbeencowboy" = I talked to him about insulating the shop when we first built it but he seemed

to think it didn't need it etc.

We are located in Central Florida, step across his property line and you'll

be on the Deseret ranch (Mormons) = Here's a link -> https://www.florida-backroads-travel.com/deseret-ranches.html

Nothing but wilderness for miles and miles. I'm hoping they'll get known locally for their leatherwork as to horse gear 

and such....But ...... the sky's the limit I guess.......

Nice shop!!! 

I'm not sure where you are located,  (I'm in Illinois) take caution with a condensating ceiling...Mine sweats various times of the year.