MegaBJJ

Leather Sewing Machine Pricing for Used Consews

I'm am totally new to this.  I want to purchase a used Consew 206RB-3 or  206RB-5. 

What is the going rate for either of these units?   I see a few locally to me but I don't know if they are a good price or not.   What would you pay for a used Consew 206RB-3 or 5 in good working condition?

Include table?  Have a servo motor or clutch?  Speed reducer?  

yes. table, servo, stand and all that stuff included.   i dont know about a clutch or speed reducer.  

I would pay more for a rb-1 or rb-2 but generally I'd take any of them over an rb-5.  Give me old Japanese iron please.  

Expect to pay 1K for a nice machine with variable speed servo and complete table setup.  Much less in some markets, and a little more in other markets.  Condition is everything, and indicates the "mileage" on the machine.  

1 hour ago, Pintodeluxe said:

I would pay more for a rb-1 or rb-2 but generally I'd take any of them over an rb-5.  Give me old Japanese iron please.  

Expect to pay 1K for a nice machine with variable speed servo and complete table setup.  Much less in some markets, and a little more in other markets.  Condition is everything, and indicates the "mileage" on the machine.  

Those are about the prices I see locally right now.  Good to know!  Thanks for the reply!

I found a complete 206rb in perfect condition for $500. I did hate to replace the clutch motor with a servo motor $124.. it will be the last machine I would ever get rid of. 

My rule of thumb for a clean used clone machine is between 40 - 50 percent of the list price of the same new clone machine. Doing a quick check it appears the cost from a dealer for a new Consew 206RB5 would run about $1450 + applicable taxes + shipping with table and servo motor. I would consider paying up to $700 if it was privately owned and not used in a commercial setting. Before you buy have you asked yourself:

what you are want / need to sew,

would a flatbed machine be the best option or would a cylinder bed be better suited to your needs,

max thickness you want /need to punch through,

size of thread you want / need for the top and bobbin thread (some machines can take V207 top but are limited to V138 in the bobbin)

kgg

19 hours ago, kgg said:

My rule of thumb for a clean used clone machine is between 40 - 50 percent of the list price of the same new clone machine. Doing a quick check it appears the cost from a dealer for a new Consew 206RB5 would run about $1450 + applicable taxes + shipping with table and servo motor

Could you point me in the direction of a reputable dealer for a new Consew?  thanks. 

4 hours ago, MegaBJJ said:

Could you point me in the direction of a reputable dealer for a new Consew?  thanks. 

Try this link:

https://www.tolindsewmach.com/consew-206rb.html

kgg