Zonker1972

modified bench

I got this piece of countertop off craigslist for next to nothing. cut it in two and epoxied it so that it was ~2.5" thick. However, it was annoying that when cutting pieces of leather the granite got in the way. i decided to inset the 2.5" granite into my bench. to make sure the table held, i put 4 1" square steel tubes spanning the granite from side to side and then epoxied it in place.

it took me way too long but it was a fun use of some tools. now to start tooling...

rsz_after.jpg

Love the inset, it will certainly reduce a lot of frustration!  nicely done.

YinTx

Nice upgrade!

looks great! Love shop pics!

18 hours ago, Zonker1972 said:

retswerb, it's a surface pro3. the touch screen broke so now i use it just for leather videos.

That nice too, but I meant the iPod nano on the right, which... maybe you haven’t seen in a while either? :thumbsup:

Really like the insert. What I love about that pic though is the leather tabs on the wall. Took me a second to realize they are configured to match the stamps in the rack below it. Smart move!

On 1/24/2021 at 8:05 AM, SaintJoy18 said:

Really like the insert. What I love about that pic though is the leather tabs on the wall. Took me a second to realize they are configured to match the stamps in the rack below it. Smart move!

thanks saintjoy. i also made another story board  awhile ago for the other figure carving tools i have on the right side of my bench. it helps me remember what the tools will do :) 

Those story boards are a great idea.  Now if only the wife would let me take over another room she can get her kitchen table back....