Sign in to follow this  
CoronaLeather

New to leatherwork PLEASE CRITIQUE

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TZFxNX5C23Yldh3Xyh1J5xnEp5PzI-By/view?usp=drivesdk 

I started tooling about 3 weeks ago and want to continue to improve. Trial and error is how I’ve gotten where I’m at now. Just want to throw my work out there and to be told what I’m doing wrong or could do better on. If it’s bad please tell me, that’s the only way I’ll improve. Thanks!

Clay

It is recommended by the Forum leaders that you take those photos out of Google drive and upload them to the forum: (1) faster uploads and (2) permanency in the links, because 5 years from now, when the link no longer works, the thread will be useless. 

That aside...
That's pretty good work for a first timer!  Mostly what you need is just practice and experience, to get confident smooth lines and good shading. 
Some closer photos would give a better picture of what you might need to keep working on. 

Man, I'd be proud of that as my first tool.  Mine was a starter kit from I think Hobby Lobby or some place and I totally butchered it.  Funny, I look back at it now and again to remind me how much I've learned.  Man, I love this craft!  

can someone post a picture??  i cant open links on my work computer :(