Sign in to follow this  
OldRedMule

Juki needles

Looking for needles for my Juki. The manual seems to say that DBX1 #21 and 1738 130 were included with the original machine. The needle I am using seems to get out of plumb, so I am thinking the top is too narrow. Breaking a lot of needles and scratching the plate all up. I would like to be able to find an assortment. Leather and fabric needles. Anyone able to help?

What Juki machine are you using?  That would help.  I have a 1508 NH and I use system 190.  Some 1508 machines use 135 x 17.  

my juki needles.jpg

It is a DU-141NH

DBx1 and 1738 are the same needle. So when a lot of needles are braking there seems to be a technical problem.

Leather point needle in this system are : 16X257LR / DBXF2 / 1738LR

What means "top is too narrow"?

https://www.asia-manufacturer.com/whousepic/a51/41269/pb_27h1411712548.jpg

Edited by Constabulary

I am not sure but I think the shaft is too narrow at the top of the needle going into the needle holder causing the needle to tilt around a bit in the holder. 

DPX17 is what is in there. Someone sold those to me as what I needed. I only know they are the right length. These needles will sew if I am careful as to how it is lined up, adjusting the tilt with the screw. Haha, ridiculous I know.

The needle holder, thread guide and shaft are all new.

Thank you for the chart!

I found some DBX1 1738 at thread exchange. The largest leather needle they had was 140/22 and that was for the triangle point. Anyone know of a place to get DBX1 1738 140/22 to 180/24 with leather points?