Sign in to follow this  
JLSleather

Some beauty left ...

On the drive to take a spoiled little girl shopping.... this guy was taking advantage of a squirrel hit by a car in the street. Flew right in front of the car.  Managed not to hit him, but he flew just a few feet ahead of the hood of the car for 1/3 of a block or so until I could get pulled over.  Dash cam would have made for great video!  He sat for this pic from about 15 feet, for a good 15 seconds.

Pic is a bad one... through a dirty wind shield, and I meant to hit video, not still shots....  About 17-18" tall (guessing the wing span was crowding 4 foot) this guy lost some color in the windshield (more red than this shows) but he wasn't leaving his meal unless he had to.  When he got up, ALL the other birds got out of his way.

20210123_110536[1].jpg

1 hour ago, JLSleather said:

On the drive to take a spoiled little girl shopping.... this guy was taking advantage of a squirrel hit by a car in the street. Flew right in front of the car.  Managed not to hit him, but he flew just a few feet ahead of the hood of the car for 1/3 of a block or so until I could get pulled over.  Dash cam would have made for great video!  He sat for this pic from about 15 feet, for a good 15 seconds.

Pic is a bad one... through a dirty wind shield, and I meant to hit video, not still shots....  About 17-18" tall (guessing the wing span was crowding 4 foot) this guy lost some color in the windshield (more red than this shows) but he wasn't leaving his meal unless he had to.  When he got up, ALL the other birds got out of his way.

20210123_110536[1].jpg

great picture!, i take a ton of critter pics also, last year had a set of hawks nest right across the street, the younguns would fly down into the street to get water. All spring you could watch them swoop on squirrels as they crossed the road.

hawk1.jpg

This bad boy waddled by the other day. Mule deer ears are about 12" long for reference. the bases of his antlers are massive.

bigbuck1.JPG

Looks good!  We got 6 younguns (white tails) running around here regularly ... aint but a few blocks from the river, so ... pretty common to find them about 5 am in the park across the street.

Been a few years now, but on one trip to catch walleye I found a mother eagle teaching the young ones to catch fish.  Put up the fishin' rod and watched em for almost an hour.

Edited by JLSleather