Been a long time since I've posted... I've been busy,  but I've managed to get some time lately to make a few things... this is my first real attempt at hand stitching... really trying to do it right and pay attention.  Most items I've made have been sewn on my old industrial Singer or on my Tippman... I've recently learned that hand stitching is actually fun.  I've been a wood turner for years and I've always explained to people that there is something "zen" in turning wood... I recently discovered that hand stitching evokes a similar feeling.

PXL_20210124_144740655.jpg

Edited by Crashresq

I get the stitching reference. Great pen cases. I like the words too

yea dig the quote.   the cool kids on youtube call zen  "oddly satisfying".     When I first heard that it didn't make sense but thinking about it, I understand now how certain things I see are actually 'satisfying'  

Nice pen cases.  And I've been stitching by hand for about 5 hours today.  The sensation is closer to what I might call pain.  But that was well after the Zen.

YinTx

Thank you guys... Tx, that made me laugh.. and yeah, I've finished up large bowls or vases LONG after the Zen wore off...just finished to get it off the lathe!

Edited by Crashresq

Nice cases!

relate on the zen,

curious about your needle puck, did you make it? Whats in it?

your cases look good !! my only suggestion would be to break the edge and burnish or maybe even add a liner for a more refined look.

:thumbsup:

12 hours ago, Nailbanger said:

Nice cases!

relate on the zen,

curious about your needle puck, did you make it? Whats in it?

Nailbanger  - Thank you - the pattern for the pin cushion came from DieselPunkRO on Etsy.  mine is stuffed with a big hunk of natural sponge.

I hand stitch ,one thing I found is to make a grove i/8" in then use your punch in that grove to make your holes. This inlays the thread a little and keeps it from getting worn and also keeps good straight stitch line.