TerminusEst

Selling Artisan Toro 3200 BT (Bench Top)

Hello Everyone,

I've been a long time (6 plus years) lurker here, as the information in this forum is invaluable for any aspiring leatherworker, but I have never posted until now, sorry about that.

After years as a Bartender, in 2015 I decided to really to to ramp up my leatherworking game and spent some money on a new Artisan Toro 3200 leather sewing machine. Until then, I had mostly been making and selling heavy duty leather belts, but I was interested in doing some bag fabrications, etc. Long story short, I bought the machine, made two bags for myself, and then got into a Master's program in biology and genetics. I am finishing my master's this spring of 2021 and (hopefully) entering a PhD program for the next 5 years or so. All of this has left me with very little time to do any leatherwork.

Due to the pandemic, my bartending gig has been shutdown since March 15th of 2020, and right now I have started to struggle a bit to pay my rent and tuition. I figured perhaps it was time to try to sell this machine, as I won't have the time to focus on leatherworking much while I am working toward my PhD.

So, I have for sale a 5 year-old, but barely used Artisan Toro 3200 BT (Bench Top) Artisan Website and Product information PDF. Included is the original bag of tools and oil, etc. The Manual, some spare thread and a packet of needles that I picked up, and the perfectly functional sewing machine itself.

It has worked flawlessly for me when I have used it over the past 5 years, but probably has no more than 20 total hours put on it (estimated roughly). I have maintained it as best I can, it has always been indoors (in my room to be exact) and been oiled and run at least once a month or so, even when I wasn't using it for long stretches.

It was originally ~$2500 (currently $2515 on the artisan website) + tax.

I am asking for $2000 for this machine. Cash in hand, if/when you pick it up.

I am located in the Nob Hill neighborhood of San Francisco, CA and you would need to come and pick it up. You will definitely need a vehicle, as it weighs like 150 pounds. I live up a single flight of stairs, and can help wrangle it into your car (I barely managed to get it up by myself, but with two people it would be fairly easy). Because it is the Bench Top model, you will need a table or something to place it on, but it is also a lot more portable, and could fit in the backseat (or possibly trunk, depending on height) of any car.

I realize that the Artisan store is located in SF as well, so you could always just buy it new from them, but this machine is in damn-near brand new condition, and you can save yourself $500 by taking it off my hands, plus you get to feel good about yourself for helping me cover my final semester of grad school tuition.

Thanks for any interest!

-Brendan

EDIT: apologies for quality of the photos, the total file size allowed is a lot smaller than I was planning on...And now I am unsure if the images even show up. I attached three photos of the machine to this post, but I cannot see them anywhere, I have probably messed something up in the post. If they don't show up for you, I am more than willing to send photos to any interested parties.

Edited by TerminusEst

Best of luck on your PhD!

Many people are under the impression the Artisan 3200 is similar to the Cowboy 3200, but the artisan actually has the same sewing capacity of the larger full size 441 clones.  

Artisan toro3200.jpg

artisan toro3200 3.jpg

artisan toro3200 2.jpg

For the life of me I have no idea why the images were not attached in the first post. I tried to edit them in, tried all kinds of stuff. I THINK I have it now in this followup post. My workbench is a touch cluttered, but it definitely gives a decent impression of the machine. Thanks for any interest!

On 1/26/2021 at 6:11 PM, DonInReno said:

Best of luck on your PhD!

Many people are under the impression the Artisan 3200 is similar to the Cowboy 3200, but the artisan actually has the same sewing capacity of the larger full size 441 clones.  

Correct ... but only 13" on the length of workspace . and not 16" like a full 441/4200 model clone .

( TerminusEST ) ... very Nice .. I never seen that  ( table top mount before )  on the Artisan/toro 3200 model . That Pic. explains a lot also with power controls, motor, foot, hand . . You got a Sweet factory set-up for a more portable/confined working space, while still keeping-up on the punching power with that model head . Someone will be getting a nice low hour set-up with your sale.
-
I Have/been working that 3200 model Artisan for a while now. but It mounted steel stand/castor wheels, and UWE flat-table top . and it sews thread cord pretty well ,  and surprising it still Very easy to dumb it down to using #138 if you want to go that small also.

48 minutes ago, nylonRigging said:

Correct ... but only 13" on the length of workspace . and not 16" like a full 441/4200 model clone .

Exactly right - Apparently I thought it, but it didn’t make it into the message.   Lol

Hey folks,

Just letting you all know this is still available, and I am checking this post regularly, and if/when it sells, I will update with a post stating that fact.

Thanks!

I'm still looking to get $2000 for it. Given the very little use (20 hours total is a very HIGH estimate for the total runtime) and given that it's $2500 new, it's not really worth it to me to accept too much less than that. That being said, Anyone is always welcome to make an offer, worst thing that could happen there is I say no :D

Been a little while since I last updated. This machine is still available for sale, fyi.

Thanks for any interest.

While I have had a few people reach out with questions, no one has jumped on this yet. The machine is still available in the Bay area! Thanks for your interest!

I hope it's not bad manners to keep bumping my post every couple months, but I have had a person or two reach out in PMs to ask if this is still available, so I thought it might be worth posting here. Yes, as of today this is still available, hit me up with any additional questions or offers.

I will 100% post in here to let everyone know if/when it ends up selling and is no longer available

Thanks!

This item has been sold!

Thanks for all interest.