Alyskidder

Motor suggestions for consew 226r2

Hello! I just acquired a consew 226r2 and it is way too fast for me to make handbags & leather wallets. What motor have you switched to or suggest? I still want the power to go through thick leather but not the speed. Thank you!

One way to slow down a motor without losing torque is by placing a speed reducer between the motor and the machine pulley. I have this setup on an Adler patcher with a clutch motor and on several other machines using an electronic servo motor and a speed reducer.

Reducers I have come in either 2:1  or 3:1 reduction. Some bolt onto the underside of the table, by the belt slot. Another one is a box that bolts onto the table in place of the motor. The motor gets bolted to the bottom of the reducer box and needs a longer v-belt to power the machine. These reducers and the servo motor I use are pictured here.

Thank you. I purchased a sailrite workhorse with a digital speed control. Works perfectly!