Hi recently acquired an older Centennial number two leather splitter! I need to find an 18 inch blade for it… Anybody have one laying around LOL

F8474476-0220-4059-A1AA-A16C13DFB76A.jpeg

03E420BD-4C91-4DA0-A65F-5BEDE2E47207.jpeg

I purchased a new blade for my American Splitter from Pilgrim Shoe.  Beautiful blade, scary sharp and ready to use out of the box.  Not sure if those folks are still around though.  Anyone? 

Last time I looked they're not where they used to be unless they're still there and there's a different name on the building.

Ely 

@ Landis is making me one!!

2 minutes ago, Constabulary said:

I would have looked for a maker of wood planer blades.

I’m sure they’re as rare as a maker of skiver blades!

Ely has made several, so I’ll trust his judgement! He was able to contact someone who has this splitter and get measurements from her! 

So you had no blade at all? I though you had one which was just bad or so... important is that you found a reliable source and even better who even has access to an original blade. ;) However when I look up planer knife maker / industrial blade maker (for what ever purpose) I easily find a bunch of them but of course depends on your market but I´m sure you have several industrial blade maker in the US as well.

Edited by Constabulary

6 hours ago, Constabulary said:

So you had no blade at all? I though you had one which was just bad or so... important is that you found a reliable source and even better who even has access to an original blade. ;) However when I look up planer knife maker / industrial blade maker (for what ever purpose) I easily find a bunch of them but of course depends on your market but I´m sure you have several industrial blade maker in the US as well.

I had no blade to begin with!