Dunluce

Osborne Splitter for Piping

Anyone know if the Osborne splitter can be used to split leather down to about 0.5 - 0.6 mm to make piping for seams?

16 hours ago, Dunluce said:

Anyone know if the Osborne splitter can be used to split leather down to about 0.5 - 0.6 mm to make piping for seams?

Yes have a look at this. Which Osborne splitter do have. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY6nPujT0jM

Hope this helps

JCUK

If you don't mind if i ask,  where are you thinking of buying from because the prices can vary from the three places i know who sell Osborne tools in the UK.

I have a 86 which i have had 25 + years,  great little splitter easy to use and to keep sharp, also lucked into a hardly used 84 from Ebay about three years ago takes a bit of getting used to but its a great splitter.  Also have to say, I don't think the quality of the 84 is that of my old 86.

Looks to me like Webber’s is the cheapest from the comparisons I have looked at. You can order form the US but by the time you take in to account postage and import tax it works out about the same.

Webbers are a good company that's where i got my 86 from, they replaced a Round knife i got from them many 20 odd years before even though the damage was not a fault with the knife great customer service. I would buy from them again. But i also get a lot of my leather from these they sell Osborne tools, another good company also. Just a little food for thought.

https://www.metropolitanleather.com

Hope this helps

JCUK 

Edited by jcuk