Dwight

Some Decorated Functionality

Got a new 50mm scope . . . had to change the mount . . . new cheek riser.

Added the logo from Destroyer Squadron 7 out of San Diego . . . both my Navy ships were part of it . . . 

May God bless,

Dwight

cheek rest desron 7.jpg

3 minutes ago, Dwight said:

Got a new 50mm scope . . . had to change the mount . . . new cheek riser.

Added the logo from Destroyer Squadron 7 out of San Diego . . . both my Navy ships were part of it . . . 

May God bless,

Dwight

cheek rest desron 7.jpg

awesome indeed. will that mount fit a Garand?

58 minutes ago, chuck123wapati said:

awesome indeed. will that mount fit a Garand?

Don't know for sure, Chuck . . . Bassett makes it from Dripping Spring, Tx . . . 

But I'm not sure about the Garand . . . I think the empty rounds go pretty much straight up . . . the M14 tosses em out the side.  My empties all land in a nice little 4 ft circle about 6 ft in front of my shooting stand . . . and 2 ft to the right.

My Garand shooting always saw em go up high past my face . . . usually to the right and behind me slightly.  My AR's all shoot that way too.

But give em a call . . . worst they can say is no.

May God bless,

Dwight

Looks good

2 hours ago, Dwight said:

Don't know for sure, Chuck . . . Bassett makes it from Dripping Spring, Tx . . . 

But I'm not sure about the Garand . . . I think the empty rounds go pretty much straight up . . . the M14 tosses em out the side.  My empties all land in a nice little 4 ft circle about 6 ft in front of my shooting stand . . . and 2 ft to the right.

My Garand shooting always saw em go up high past my face . . . usually to the right and behind me slightly.  My AR's all shoot that way too.

May God bless,

Dwight

yea plus the clip lol I'm a lefty so everything goes right over my head. My old eyes have a heck of a time with those sights.

VERY NICE!!! The riser looks good, too! 

2 hours ago, Cattledude said:

VERY NICE!!! The riser looks good, too! 

Thanks Cattledude . . . It will drop 5 of them under a Sacagawea  dollar coin at 100 yds . . . hoping for some coyote action if I can ever get my rifle ready . . . my quad ready . . . and the weather to cooperate here.  Seems like one of them wants to argue all the time.

May God bless,

Dwight

...if you were closer, I'd take you out calling! I've only shot four this week...

On 1/28/2021 at 1:46 PM, Dwight said:

May God bless,

Dwight

I love that about my M1a. I can shoot all day and the brass is in that nice neat pile. Very nice riser.