Finally found some time to make a sheath for my LW round knife.
Hot Tip: I like using Tandy’s black All-In-One for antiquing some things. It’s a terrible dye but a great antique! Brush it on and when dry it kind of wipes off here and there when I apply Resolene to seal. It gives it a weathered look that I was going for here.

I also added a PDF of the pattern I made for this morning f you’d like to make yourself one. The strap I made a little longer than needed so placement can be how you like it to be. Enjoy!

601A64B4-8BEF-4746-BDAE-FBFC03E12F92.jpeg

DA5833E4-7B7D-4307-8C55-41361F445DEF.jpeg

284ACF4E-763E-418F-BB79-6AD30C6B25F0.jpeg

CD0DAD50-1AD0-4289-83AC-32C605B2C1AB.jpeg

F96DD8F7-5038-4667-9B70-FA98B6206B03.jpeg

05485A55-B0C6-437B-AE52-63E50574996C.jpeg

79826907-1C26-4DF3-AFC6-8605BFA40896.jpeg

LW-roundknife-sheath.pdf

What kind of swivel knife is that?

2 hours ago, Simplejack1985 said:

What kind of swivel knife is that?

That’s my custom Leather Wranglers SK-V with pyrographed artwork by Britt Nantz. It has my initials on one side and Celtic hounds on the other.

Edited by AndyL1

4 hours ago, hashtagartz said:

Did you laser cut the leather?

Yes, I drew the pattern in illustrator after tracing the blade. The PDF I included up there contains vector lines if you’d like to lase it too.

3 hours ago, AndyL1 said:

Yes, I drew the pattern in illustrator after tracing the blade. The PDF I included up there contains vector lines if you’d like to lase it too.

How hard is it to use illustrator? I need to get some use out of my 20k$ laser lol

3 hours ago, hashtagartz said:

How hard is it to use illustrator? I need to get some use out of my 20k$ laser lol

I find it easy to use, but I’ve also been using it for close to 25 years. There are a lot of tutorials out there you should check out. It’s great software.

Awesome color combos to go with that knife handle!  Great work!  Eye candy all around.

YinTx

On 1/29/2021 at 10:18 PM, YinTx said:

Awesome color combos to go with that knife handle!  Great work!  Eye candy all around.

YinTx

Thanks! 

man those colors really match up and looks great.  Really meticulous dye work.  

On 1/29/2021 at 6:30 PM, hashtagartz said:

Illustrator does have a learning curve but as explained lots of free youtube videos. But now, Adobe in it's greed no longer allows you to buy the software as a one and done. It's subscription based so it can get $$.  

Nice work and great use of colour

AndyL - That is a great piece.  I have been needing to do the same.  I appreciate that you posted a pattern. Thanks.

Allen

On 2/3/2021 at 9:42 AM, JayEhl said:

man those colors really match up and looks great.  Really meticulous dye work.  

Illustrator does have a learning curve but as explained lots of free youtube videos. But now, Adobe in it's greed no longer allows you to buy the software as a one and done. It's subscription based so it can get $$.  

Thank you! I haven't looked but you night be a blessing to score a copy of CS6 off eBay or something. 

On 2/4/2021 at 1:47 PM, Bogwot said:

Nice work and great use of colour

Thanks!

On 2/12/2021 at 1:39 PM, acope said:

AndyL - That is a great piece.  I have been needing to do the same.  I appreciate that you posted a pattern. Thanks.

Allen

Thank you! You're welcome for the pattern. Please post your sheath too, I'd love to see it!