chrisash

Speed reducer for sale in UK

Looking to buy either the stalk speed reducer or box type in the UK and having difficulty finding them form sale

Have you tried here

https://www.college-sewing.co.uk

Hope this helps

JCUK

I cannot find them on their site or Techsew uk site

As far as Google they just don't seem to exist or i am using the wrong search terms

Constabulary gave me a lead a while ago with a German site but not sending to UK until brexit postage is sorted

Postage from US makes it silly money

Seems strange they are so badly sold, there must be a god demand for them in the UK

Even Sew Europe does not have them

Have you thought about changing the handwheel Chris? Depends on the machine of course but I've done it twice and it works fine and the difference in time and cost is stupendous.

You can easily DIY a 1:3 Speed reducer - does not cost too much.

• 40mm + 120mm Pulley with 15mm bore from College sewing (or a bit cheaper from China via Ebay)
  • some screws
  • 10-15cm long piece of round bar material
  • 2 Pillow block for 15mm shafts
  • little bit of wood from the craps box (if you have one)

I made one for my 51w setup as well.

IMG_1509.JPG.149a02591da40c9744df9122a345bac8.JPG

Not sure where i can get a larger handwheel for my singer 111G155 already have a servo Jack  which gives a good low speed and a larger handwheel would no doubt be sufficient

Like the cost of a do it yourself kit but  would prefer a commercial solution if at all possible

Many thanks to both of you

9 minutes ago, chrisash said:

Not sure where i can get a larger handwheel for my singer 111G155 already have a servo Jack  which gives a good low speed and a larger handwheel would no doubt be sufficient

Like the cost of a do it yourself kit but  would prefer a commercial solution if at all possible

Many thanks to both of you

Look at my post on this thread. It includes the cost and the company is in Kent. You can be up and running in a week.

On 1/30/2021 at 4:59 PM, chrisash said:

Looking to buy either the stalk speed reducer or box type in the UK and having difficulty finding them form sale

• Have you tried Ali Express? They have quite a few options and they deliver to the UK.

Thanks I have been successful with a German company info@sieck.de for a total of Euro 70 including delivery to UK. should arrive next 2 days

It is the same as below and far cheaper than any others found in uk

speed reducer.jpg

Yes i know but still much less than others, and with the strong pound at £1 buying1.148 Euros even cheaper