Sofie

clicker press converter (3phase to single)

Hi there, I recently bought a second hand Sandt clicker press type 410. (cutting force 18t - 1,5 kW - 400V)

Its obviously 3phase and need to convert to single phase. We have a maximum of 6,6kW power supply in our neighbourhood (SPAIN).  I'm planning on buying a a VFD of 5,5kW (via AMAZON) but not sure if this will be sufficient.

I've tested it by using a generator and it works well. This clicker will not be used at its full capacity since I'm just a humble one woman show  :thumbsup:

Can somebody please give me some advise and feedback what the best and most economical solution would be.

Highly appreciated.

Greets, Sofie

IMG_6906.jpeg

Can't help with electrics Sofie but that looks like a nice piece of kit. Hope you get it sorted.

49 minutes ago, toxo said:

Can't help with electrics Sofie but that looks like a nice piece of kit. Hope you get it sorted.

Thanks.....hope so too ;)

33 minutes ago, Constabulary said:

Don´t know how the junction box on your clicker looks like but maybe this is helpful for you:

there is no diagram on the machine (only model number)....had to contact Sandt in order to get the specifics and the info i mentioned in my post is all i got from Germany!

The replies on your post are useful thanks. Just hoping to get a clear solution for this particular situation since my knowledge in electrical stuff and sh*t is very limited! 

:thankyou:

I also have a 3 phase clicker press made in Italy. After lots of research I bought a 3 phase convertor from Kay industries USA. to go from 340 3 phase to 220V single phase.  This is their Webb site. info@kayind.com. 1-800-348-5257. They are not cheap but they make a quality product that will last.  It works great for me. You may need to get an electrician to correctly wire up the plug from to clicker press to the convertor.