Alyskidder

Slanted stitches

Hello! The stitching on my newnto me consew 226r2 is slightly slanted on the top. The underside is straight and looks nice. Is this normal? If not how do I fix this? Thanks in advance!

@Alyskidder Moved your post to Leather Sewing Machines.  Help Wanted - all posts require moderator's approval.  It is more intended to be like classified ads for hiring or looking for work.

4 hours ago, Alyskidder said:

Hello! The stitching on my newnto me consew 226r2 is slightly slanted on the top. The underside is straight and looks nice. Is this normal? If not how do I fix this? Thanks in advance!

What type and style of needle are you using? There are needle that have a right or left twist to them so the appearance of the top stitch will be slanted. If you are using a spear point or a diamond point needle you need to make sure the thread hole of your needle is square and not slightly twisted to either side. 

Here’s a PDF guide by Groz Beckert on the various leather needle types and their respective stitch lines:

needle_points_leather.pdf

Edited by Uwe